[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A friend recommended me this book. Is it any good /lit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: freak.png (9 KB, 182x276) Image search: [Google]
freak.png
9 KB, 182x276
A friend recommended me this book. Is it any good /lit/?
>>
Sounds like "think outside the box!"-style management buzzwords that will do absolutely nothing.
Anything, book or investment or infomercial fitness gadget, that claims it can turn you into a success with no effort is lying to you.
>>
TED/Gladwell -esque bullshit, plus a few fun facts thrown in for good measure. 2/10
>>
File: no.jpg (35 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
35 KB, 600x400
Just finished the first two chapter last night. The book said the three hardest words in the English language is ''I dont't know''. Do you agree?
>>
>>8103698
Well what kind of books similar in nature would you recommend?
>>
File: 1464129193871.jpg (39 KB, 500x388) Image search: [Google]
1464129193871.jpg
39 KB, 500x388
>>8103723
Don't read self-help books or any author that claims to be the only one who REALLY knows what's going on (i.e. Gladwell). They're a waste of money at best, written only by people who are trying to take advantage of the desperate and the stupid.
>>
>>8103712
I don't know
>>
>>8103752
kek
>>
>>8103712
yep, Dunning Kruger effect. The older and/or more skilled you get the more you accept and are willing to tell people, I don't know.
>>
>>8103781
>yep, the pop psych meme effect, look at me i know literal useless trash that no mental health professional has ever heard about

hello r e d d i t.
>>
>>8103800
fukn rstd
>>
>>8103649

Never read it but I can tell you that based on the title alone I would never consider reading it.
>>
File: sheevlifting.jpg (105 KB, 640x873) Image search: [Google]
sheevlifting.jpg
105 KB, 640x873
>>8103752
what a smart and successful anon
>>
much better than the meme cover and pop-psych genre would suggest. freakonomics was a phenomenon for a reason.

podcast is dope as well.
>>
>>8103712
I get yelled at for saying "I don't know." My family say I'm very annoying because of it.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.