[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone read anything by China Mieville? Pic related, finished
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: cityandthecity.jpg (35 KB, 294x450) Image search: [Google]
cityandthecity.jpg
35 KB, 294x450
Anyone read anything by China Mieville? Pic related, finished it today and thought it was great.
>>
yeah read perdido street station. thought it was absolutely terrible. wanted to quit the entire way. stopped halfway. came back to it a year later and still hated it. it felt like the entire time I was just waiting for it to get good. then it was over.
>>
I started Perdido Street Station, having no idea what it was about. Maybe it was good, maybe it was shit like >>8102790 says, but that kind of out-there fantasy with weird creatures and such just isn't my cup of tea, so I stopped after a few chapters.
>>
read perdido street station. thought it was pretty good.

read it again four years later, thought "wow, this is a mess, but it almost works"

read Embassyville, and thought "why is there not one single visual element to this book? who knows what the aliens even look like?"
>>
>>8102757
I like Japan Joyce.
>>
Read the City & the city. Was kinda liking it but after finishing realized what a terrible book it was.
Swore off MiƩville as a result
>>
I read a lot of his stuff, The City & The City and Looking For Jake were the only ones that really stood out. The rest had potential but felt raw in a bad way, somehow unpolished.
>>
what kind of name is china like it's a country dude baka
>>
The scar is good and Iron Council is brilliant, probably my favorite fantasy novel
>>
The Scar is great even better than Perdido Street Station.
Embassytown is also pretty good.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.