[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has this actually helped anyone with critical thinking or is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (121 KB, 711x1080) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
121 KB, 711x1080
Has this actually helped anyone with critical thinking or is it a load of hooey? what's your take on it /lit/
>>
guess nobody's read it
>>
File: Untitled.png (102 KB, 454x584) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
102 KB, 454x584
>>8102051
Why would anyone read this?

You don't need a cutsie pop non-fic book about critical thinking. Looks like it's geared toward tweens, to be honest. (Pic related is one of the pages, if you didn't already waste your money on buying this crap.)

You can learn critical thinking skills, but this book is pandering and stupid.
>>
>>8102133
do you know any books that can help develop critical thinking?
>>
>>8102172
There are a few on-line, and each one is essentially the same, so you shouldn't bother wasting money on one.

http://bookzz.org/book/2380419/0e60e3
>>
>>8102133
link the epub
>>
isn't his a good intro for logic? or was i rused
>>
>>8102393
>good intro

>>8102133
"Lady Gaga attended NYU's Tisch School of the Arts" doesn't assume anything about the school nor anyone who went there, including Lady Gaga.
>>
>>8102433
what do you mean
>>
>>8102433
Yes, but the way it's mentioned (or was, I haven't read anything about her in a while) in every article about her, without qualification, shows that that particular factoid is being used to legitimize her """work""" by implying that all that vapid pop trash is really 'high art' (I can remember several people responding to my distaste for her by saying, 'well yeah it sounds poppy, but she's a real artist who went to, like, art school') that we'd all understand if only we were more schooled in the contemporary art world.
>>
>>8102172
Dialectics of the Enlightenment is p. good
>>
>>8102640
>this triggers the /pol/ack
>>
>>8102172
all of them, if you approach with the assumption that they are "missing" something crucial. try reading through Freud's works with this in mind. it's practically a right of passage
>>
Ive got a copy of it and read it last summer. It's a good primer on logic and fallacies. A little preachy and redundant in parts. However, on the whole I enjoyed it and took away a couple ideas.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (62 KB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
62 KB, 400x200
>>8102727
>a right of passage

These are the people with whom I share a literature board.
>>
>>8102745
do you have something better that you could recommend?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.