[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name a book that presents a great mystery and doesn't let
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 1373399683697.gif (2 MB, 350x320) Image search: [Google]
1373399683697.gif
2 MB, 350x320
Name a book that presents a great mystery and doesn't let you down when it's revelead.
>>
>>8100241
Inherent Vice
>>
>>8100241
My diary desu
>>
File: supreme taste.jpg (149 KB, 348x500) Image search: [Google]
supreme taste.jpg
149 KB, 348x500
I got just the thing.

Best kind of books.
>>
a plenty of detectives/mystery novels

i suggest john dickson carr
>>
>>8100241
Pale Fire.
>>
>>8100383
I've read agatha christie's "And then there were none" and boy, was i disappointed. The ending wasn't horrible, but it didn't justify the rest of the book. A mediocre solution for a mediocre execution.
>>
File: the-long-goodbye-21.jpg (69 KB, 396x635) Image search: [Google]
the-long-goodbye-21.jpg
69 KB, 396x635
>>
>>8100287
To be completely honest, I read this like 6 years ago and liked it, but still want to call you an autist for being into weebshit.
>>
>>8100814
Do you want to call him an autist for being into weebshit or does your autism compel you to call him an autist?
>>
>>8100822
Yes.
>>
>>8100241
The Crying of Lot 49
>>
>>8100708
I've noted this in many Christie novels. In good detective novels you should technically be able to find out yourself who the killer is, but Christie usually pulls out all sorts of ridiculous shit at the end to "surprise" the reader.
>>
I recommend Edmund Crispin, and the mystery book written by A A Milne (yes, that one)
>>
The Name of the Rose
>>
The big time
>>
>>8100287
>whah it was the guy that was in none of the flashbacks and that only had 5 minutes of screen time
>the second one that you don't even know at the end and that no one fucking cares about
>motive:fucking evil, i was bullied in grade school :^^)
wow, what a great reveal. Especially how they padded that shit out for like 8 volumes. Man, this manga had potential but it's really fucking shit tbqh.
>>
Revealing the mystery IS what is the let down
>>
Urth of the New Sun

Book of the Short Sun

The latter trilogy achieved the remarkable feat of bringing a tear to my eye by telling me, in a single sentence, something I already knew.
>>
>>8101473
Your dad achieved that when he called you a fag and told you he doesn't love you
>>
>>8100241
>reading for the plot
>not reading because the meme god told you to
>not reading because you read some bullshit online statistic that says it makes you "smarter"
>not reading to feel like you're above everyone else
What a pleb.
>>
>>8100948
came here to post this unironically
>>
How has nobody mentioned Foucault's Pendulum?
>>
>>8101485
What was the purpose of this post?
>>
>>8100241
where did you get this gif of my daughter?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.