[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IwriteLike Thread? Just got this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: dfwshitlol.gif (964 KB, 1622x914) Image search: [Google]
dfwshitlol.gif
964 KB, 1622x914
IwriteLike Thread?
Just got this
>>
>>8100147
This thing is a joke. I've gotten vastly different results by putting in different things that I've written that were all in basically the same style. Even different sections of the same text.
>>
>>8100147
>I put a fragment of my novel written in spanish and got Joyce

what did he mean by this?
>>
File: haveIAlreadyFailed.png (191 KB, 1010x692) Image search: [Google]
haveIAlreadyFailed.png
191 KB, 1010x692
>>
http://iwl.me/s/69fb153c

Pretty good I guess. I took like 8 different paragraphs from a story I've written and 5 of them came back as Orwell.
>>
>>8100147
Put in a part of Naked Lunch, got DFW as well.
>>
I put in a part of a poem of mine which is essentially a nasty aping of Pound, and got Lovecraft. Then I put in an essay of mine and got Margaret Mitchell. This upsets me somewhat, because I used to get James Joyce and Johnathon Swift. To the program's credit, I did feed it two wildly different passages from Ulysses and it gave back Joyce each time.
>>
>>8101033

And evidently T.S. Eliot writes like Edgar Allan Poe in Burnt Norton. Curiously, Yeats's The Second Coming is evidently reminiscent of Charles Dickens. If Yeats writes like Dickens, maybe it's OK if I write like Lovecraft.
>>
>>8101043

And it's official: T.S. Eliot was really imitating Margaret Mitchell when writing The Waste Land. By extension, my essay will prove to ave an immortality comparable to that of The Waste Land.
>>
>>8100816
How can the claim even be made that YA writers have a discernible style?
>>
File: 123456789.png (162 KB, 1004x1022) Image search: [Google]
123456789.png
162 KB, 1004x1022
I typed in random bullshit that I made up on the spot and got some literally who
>>
File: xfvsvxdv.png (62 KB, 544x477) Image search: [Google]
xfvsvxdv.png
62 KB, 544x477
Both stories I submitted gave me her.
>>
James Fenimore Cooper
http://iwl.me/s/d172a8d3
>>
James Fenimore Cooper
http://iwl.me/s/d172a8d3

"And amongst the hundreds of suspended bare corpses revolving the homely exposure of Alta Vile was one individual gold-collared-short-suit — yes, individual the body who shared both occupancy and conquering beneath the grand city — within the boulevards and concrete, sparse lingering about the memories of dashing completely nude about the endless streets Alta Vile retained. He had spared his wonderful, naked follies for a warm, tailored attire that deterred clothed cozy his irrational person internally, for he was no more than a juvenile tycoon streaking the vivacious city at its' most electromagnetic of their gold-apparel years."
>>
File: memes.png (43 KB, 778x820) Image search: [Google]
memes.png
43 KB, 778x820
>>8100147
When I did this at first it said I was like Chuck Palahniuk. When I added onto it it said I wrote like Walt Whitman. Now when I rewrote that paragraph it told me that I sounded like Charles Dickens.

Long story short, it's a meme.
>>
arthur clarke on one piece and lovecraft on another, I don't think this thing makes too much sense
>>
File: wells.png (215 KB, 1065x811) Image search: [Google]
wells.png
215 KB, 1065x811
Well?
>>
i got Steven King for my fiction
and Dan Brown for my essay

bonus- i got Margaret Mitchell for a really old fanfiction i wrote about two friends of mine to creep them out
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.