[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I was vexed and confused. The trip was beginning to seem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: readggassdipiazza.jpg (54 KB, 358x372) Image search: [Google]
readggassdipiazza.jpg
54 KB, 358x372
>I was vexed and confused. The trip was beginning to seem tiresome and reckless, the cold was uncomfortable, the ride furious, and the result impalpable. And afterward--the cogitations of a sick man--if we did reach the indicated goal, it wasn't impossible that the centuries, annoyed at having their origin infringed upon, would squash me between their fingers, which must have been as age-old as they. While I was thinking along those lines we were gobbling up the road and the plain flew under our feet until the animal became fatigued and I was able to look more calmly at my surroundings. Only look: I saw nothing except the vast whiteness of the snow, which by now had invaded the sky itself, blue up till then. Here and there a plant or two might appear, huge and brutish, the broad leaves waving in the wind. The silence of that region was like a tomb. It could be said that the life of things had become stupidity for man.

>Had it fallen out of the air? Detached itself from the earth? I don't know. I do know that a huge shape, the figure of a woman, appeared to me then, staring at me with eyes that blazed like the sun. Everything about that figure had the vastness of wild forms and everything was beyond the comprehension of human gaze because the outlines were lost in the surroundings and what looked thick was often diaphanous. Stupefied, I didn't say a word, I couldn't even let out a cry, but after a time, which was brief, I asked who she was and what her name was: the curiosity of delirium.

>"Call me Nature or Pandora. I am your mother and your enemy."

Is he the best american writer we have?
>>
He writes like a woman.
>>
>>8099328
I agree. His writing is as corny and flamboyant as it gets.
>>
what a faggot
>>
He looks like an Innsmouth native from Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth.
>>
Again McCarthy does it better
>>
>>8099328
>>8099343
This.

Women are simply inferior. They aren't as ontologically 'there' as men, they are not truly human beings as we know ourselves to be as men.

They will never understand the depth, the angst, and the nature of reality, because they're feebleminded sheep.

They'll never be as existentially, spiritually, and ethically developed as a man, and hence will never truly love, never truly live, and never truly be moral.

They are simply inferior and should stick to taking care of the house.
>>
>>8099355
laughed the whole time I was reading this at how alone you're gonna be your whole life. Ain't nobody cleaning your house but you, lil homie
>>
>>8099372
I laughed at it because it ways true
>>
>>8099352
Now there's a guy who knows how to write like a man.
>>
>>8099355
This is a correct post. They only good for fucking in their pussies, which is a pretty discusting act after all if you think about it. Might be better if we just kileld all of them #femicide2016
>>
>>8099324
That's a nice quote.
>>
>>8099324
At last--the meme as finally spread to Gass.
>>8099328
>>8099343
>>8099347
>>8099352
>>8099379
>>8099740
It's not Gass, which would be obvious to you if you had actually read him. Please exit my reality.
>>
LOL @ all the pseuds ITT who don't know Machado de Assis.
>>
>>8099355
i want to believe you are trolling, but i know you aren't. yours is a sad existence, man.
>>
>>8099841
You only insist on that because what he said offends you, and it is a common self-comforting tactic to diminish one's ideological enemies. That Anon may very well have a fantastic existence.
>>
>>8099349
Why didn't they just call it "shadow over innsmouth"?
>>
>>8099352
Their styles are just about as different as possible. What are you talking about?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.