[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Difficult/Angsty Romance Books
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
I´m talking books like Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte and My Husband/Mon Marri by Max du Veuzit (loved these two), not teenager crap that´s all over the place nowadays. Does anyone have any recommendation, with or without supernatural elements?
>>
The Rainbow and Women in Love by D. H. Lawrence
>>
The Age of Innocence is the best.
>>
Oedipus Tyrannus by Sophocles, Othello by Shakespeare, Clarissa by Samuel Richardson, The Sorrows of Young Werther by Goethe, Madame Bovary by Flaubert, Anna Karenina by Tolstoy, The Portrait of a Lady by Henry James
>>
>>8097780
In Search of Lost Time by Proust
>>
>>8097780
Stendhal's Red and the Black. Maybe not angsty. I donno, check it out.
>>
>>8097780
>>8097792
>>8097805
>>8097812
>>8097815
>>8097826

Almost anything classified as "literary fiction" will meet the OP's criteria.
>>
>>8097832
Not really true. There's a lot that isn't angsty, and there are plenty that don't have much explicit treatment of sexual desire or relationships
>>
>>8097812
>The Sorrows of Young Werther by Goethe
this book was written literally to mock sentimentality

goethe said werther was an idiot
>>
finnegans wake
>>
Rebecca - Daphne du Maurier
The Scarlet Letter - Nathaniel Hawthorne
>>
>>8097780

The Scarlet Pimpernel.
>>
Phantom of the Opera
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.