[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on this? pic related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 309x499) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 309x499
Thoughts on this?
pic related
>>
dropped after the first masturbatory rant about pseudophilosophical nonsense
>>
>>8096914
Some dipshit on my facebook feed posted a quote from that book today and it was dumb. From this I can interpolate that book in it's totality must be shit.
>>
It's good. /lit/ won't like it though because it has zen in the title and it's popular
>>
>>8096958
what's good about it?
>>
that girl from party down liked it
>>
>>8096914
Zhuangzi and Huizi were strolling along the road. Zhuangzi said, “The motorcycles drive about so freely, following the openings wherever they take them. Such is the happiness of motorcycles.”

Huizi said, “You are not a mechanic, so whence do you know the quality of motorcycles?”

Zhuangzi said, “You are not I, so whence do you know I don’t know the quality of motorcycles?”

Huizi said, “I am not you, to be sure, so I don’t know what it is to be you. But by the same token, since you are certainly not a motorcycle, my point about your inability to know the quality of motorcycles stands intact.”

Zhuangzi said, “Let’s go back to the starting point. You said, ‘Whence do you know the quality of motorcycles?’ Since your question was premised on your knowing that I know it, I must have known it from here, up above the road.”

If you like that, you'll like the book. If you don't, you won't.
>>
>>8096929
>interpolate
You mean extrapolate you worthless dog shitting cumcuck
>>
>>8096958
>>8096914
It's actually shit and basically pseudo-philosophy.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.