[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
State of eBooks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: giphy.gif (1 MB, 448x190) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1 MB, 448x190
>go to Amazon
>check out ebooks
>click whatever genre you want
>glance at the best-sellers
>come back with all the shit you can find

Trust me, it won't take long. It seems every top author nowadays is shit. Every single one of them.
>>
>>8096588

>horror
>2nd book
>main characters are called Snowdenaelikk, Veiko, Dekklis

Literally face-rolled the keyboard for that, but it's the number 1 best seller in low fantasy?
>>
>>8096588

>Literature & Fiction
>3rd book
>almost all of the blurb is made up of reviews
>look-inside gives: chapters starting on indent, written in a weird 1st/2nd person mix, and sentences like "the first time you hit me it was a shock, but not a surprise."

The author is more concerned with a handful of nobodies giving praise than her own book's contents (one even said "[author] has wrote a ...", so how the fuck are they supposed to be taken seriously?). Number 1 in Crime and Psychological, but number 3 out of ALL ebooks. All of them.
>>
File: 517f-g8Q3hL._SY400_.jpg (28 KB, 266x400) Image search: [Google]
517f-g8Q3hL._SY400_.jpg
28 KB, 266x400
kindle ebooks bestseller, first result I found

>Killian Saint is wild and untamed, gruff and solitary, an arrogant loner from a family that people in West Bend say is no good.

>I should know better. A man like Killian should have no part of my life, not with a kid to raise and a bakery to run.

>Not even if the way his hands feel, rough against my skin, sets every part of my body on fire. Not even if the dirty things he whispers into my ear leave me so on edge I can’t think about anything but his lips on mine.

>Everything about Killian is wrong. The problem is, nothing has ever felt so right.

>Killian

>In life, I make my own rules. Rule #1? No wife and definitely no kids.

>A woman like Lily Grant? Hell, no. She talks too much and has too many damn opinions. And that kid of hers might be more of a smart-mouth than she is.

>I should walk away. But once I taste her sweet lips, I want to possess every inch of her.

W h a t t h e f u c k
>>
File: 1375349043405.jpg (9 KB, 304x166) Image search: [Google]
1375349043405.jpg
9 KB, 304x166
>>8096588

>caring about what plebs read
>>
>>8096588

Some of these people are making around £10k a day from this shit. A fucking day.

Explain to me again how none of us are sitting up there?
>>
>>8096619
I mean, you do have to physically start typing out lots of words, and then take time to put into whatever editor to print on amazon.

Most of us are too lazy.
>>
>>8096626

Most of us don't want to give ISIS more reasons to destroy the west.
>>
File: 1325333984781.gif (448 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
1325333984781.gif
448 KB, 500x275
>>8096626

>mfw I actually did all of that
>mfw I can't figure out the secret to selling ebooks

I sit here every day, ashamed at myself for failing to plebs. There's nothing special about their books, but they've magically caught the market.
>>
>>8096613

Women live such boring lives past a certain age, it's no surprise. They don't all have the monotony of a 9-5 job yet to fill their lives. Equality is coming though.
>>
>>8096632
LOL, did you actually write one of those smutty romance things?
>>
>>8096645

I wrote a thriller, but now I'm thinking I'll have to. It seems the only audience now is bored housewives.
>>
File: 1451077409936.png (158 KB, 435x382) Image search: [Google]
1451077409936.png
158 KB, 435x382
>>8096632

They can smell how disingenuous you are through on the digital ink. Try as hard as you want, sell your soul to the devil as many times as you like, you can't fully repress your individual style. They can feel some perverse intellectual hiding behind the pages, waiting to sneak attack them with some thesis on 16th century religious wars or other hazardous ambiguities. Most of all their readers treasure safety and comfort.

Kafka's principle, that literature should be like a axe smashing into a lake of ice or something or the other, is antithetical.
>>
>>8096655

I'll have to set up a pseudonym. A middle-aged woman with a couple of degrees and a love of wine seems to do the trick. Then just hope it will mask the stench of my desperation.
>>
>>8096667

This is actually a clever identity to assume, we'll call it the ol' reverse George Sand trick.

Also try banging your head against the wall and watching daytime television for 8 hours a day so you can get in the right mindframe.
>>
>>8096588
>implying it's only ebooks that suffer from this problem
>implying this isn't exactly how publishing has always been
Self-publishing is just publishing on a much larger scale.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.