[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 33 years old. I was in a gifted program in school.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
I'm 33 years old.

I was in a gifted program in school. In AP Literature, I laughed because I thought our treatment of novels was like a 3/10 at best.

Now I'm in the real world and I realize that everyone else doesn't even think about novels.

So it's up to me to understand everything to its fullest? While I have a job?

What happened?
>>
>>8096413
t. faggot
>>
>>8096413
What the fuck do you want us to say? Or more accurately, what do you want to hear? That you're above everyone else because of your dedication to literature, or that you completely waste your time in doing things that are irrelevant to virtually everyone else in the entire world?

If you want to know what happened, it's that you wasted your life doing something that you never really cared about, while you left what you cared about to become overgrown and forgotten, eschewed in favor of cultivating what you were told was important in life.
>>
>>8096420
I don't know.

>That you're above everyone else
Uh no
>>
>>8096420
>If you want to know what happened, it's that you wasted your life doing something that you never really cared about,
Don't agree, at least I get that money.

I just don't like that... the arts, aren't a part of the regular "path" of life at all. You have to strike your own way. Isn't that a bad thing?
>>
>>8096413
Fuck your job. You've only got 47 years left to live and you've got a lot of catching up to do.
>>
>>8096429
Nabokov is all that has caught my interest, though. I still think the great gatsby is shit. However I'm very upset that my gifted program never introduced me to the butterflyman.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.