[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what are best books for learning about fascism?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: 1446160463800.jpg (296 KB, 1600x1056) Image search: [Google]
1446160463800.jpg
296 KB, 1600x1056
what are best books for learning about fascism?
>>
>>8096193
>>
Fascism : Career of a Concept - Paul Gottfried
He gives an overview of how the word has changed throughout time and the differing theories that have been used to explain its rise.
Introduction
Chapter One Defining Fascism
Chapter Two Totalitarianism and Fascism
Chapter Three Fascism as the Unconquered Past
Chapter Four Fascism as a Movement of the Left
Chapter Five The Failure of Fascist Internationalism
Chapter Six The Search for a Fascist Utopia Chapter Seven A Vanished Revolutionary Right APPENDIX: Fascism and Modernization

I really liked chapter three deals with part of the usage of fascism as an insult and a psychic condition. It includes a discussion on the influence of the Frankfurt School on this.
>>
An excerpt :
Several of the members worked intermittently during the war for the CIA’s predecessor, the Office of Strategic Services. In this advisory capacity they investigated the psychic origins of fascism and proposed far-reaching plans for curing the Germans of their aggressive political culture. This exploration of the social and psychological preconditionsfor a fascist society culminated in the publication of The Authoritarian Society (1950), a compilation of essays that fit into a series of commentaries titled Studies in Prejudice, which was financed and published by the American Jewish Committee. Horkheimer became a coeditor for the entire series, which dealt with the psychic and social causes of anti-Semitism. He later assigned the organization of the most famous anthology in the series, TAP, to his alter ego, Adorno.
>>
>>8096193
Great Italian authors and historicians that your fucking country have never translated.
>>
File: Untitled.png (56 KB, 621x318) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
56 KB, 621x318
Evola: Facism viewed from the right :^)
>>
>>8096539
name them
>>
>>8096193
My wife's son's diary desu
>>
>>8096564
- Emilio Gentile (considered the biggest historician about fascism worldwide)
- Renzo De Felice
- Giovanni Sabbatucci
- Augusto Del Noce
- Roberto Vivarelli
- Gaetano Salvemini

Two "bonuses" are:
- Antonio Gramsci
- Piero Gobetti
They died during the fascist period but wrote wrote great reflections about it. They also had a nice style of writing.

Some novelists are:
- Primo Levi
- Carlo Levi
- Giorgio Bassani
- Cesare Pavese
- Beppe Fenoglio
>>
File: You know this feel.jpg (109 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
You know this feel.jpg
109 KB, 1000x1000
>>8096609

>No Julius Evola
>>
>>8096193
>No Antony Sutton

What a bunch of fucking pseuds.
>>
>>8096661
Yeah I forgot him, sorry
>>
starship troopers, by Robert Heinlein
>>
>>8096204
>1984

That is about totalitarianism tho. Animal farm and My Catalonia are the ones about fascism.

OP basically can look up any historical book that describes how society reacts to economic break downs after the industrial revolution.
>>
Fasismin Lumous by Tarmo Kunnas. There might exist french, german and italian translations by now.
>>
>>8096204
nice meme
>>
File: mark_twain.png (315 KB, 337x600) Image search: [Google]
mark_twain.png
315 KB, 337x600
>>8097317
Animal Farm is about Communism. First everybody is equal, then some are more equal than others. Fascism does not start with equality.
>>
File: Emma_Goldman_seated.jpg (262 KB, 879x1236) Image search: [Google]
Emma_Goldman_seated.jpg
262 KB, 879x1236
>>8097628
True.
All these differing forms of the same authoritarianism can get confusing I guess.
>>
>>8097660
why haven't you killed yourself yet?
>>
The old testament.
>>
>>8097665
See >>8097626 and >>8097645

>>8097701
OP is probably just baiting for his Trump book meme.
>>
>>8097711
what does trump have to do with this?
>>
File: Cleese 0:10.gif (2 MB, 500x391) Image search: [Google]
Cleese 0:10.gif
2 MB, 500x391
>>8097784
Uhm.
>>
>>8097831
go on
>>
>>8097784
Trump isn't a fascist but his 4chan supporters are.
>>
>>8097920
and?
>>
>>8097920
He is expressly fascist. He also claimed he had just tons of money, but now Mr Self Funded is broke, and will do anything the GOP tell him to do, so who can trust him now but his financiers.
>>
Stanley G Payne
Ernst Nolte
The Origins of Totalitarianism - Hannah Arendt
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.