[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you do when you finish a book, /lit/? Do you write down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: FB_IMG_1463534220104.jpg (9 KB, 341x364) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1463534220104.jpg
9 KB, 341x364
What do you do when you finish a book, /lit/?

Do you write down a review? Or maybe write a summary and analysis of characters, thenes, motifs, etc? Do you try to have a discussion (in person) with others who've read the book? Or do you simply close it and never think of it again?

Personally I like to create my own "SparkNotes" for future/more in depth readings. Curious to see what others do when they finish a book.
>>
>>8095849
I add it to my good reads with a one or two line review and a ranking, than I thank it for its services and place it away or donate it depending
>>
>>8095849
I usually make a thread on /lit/ saying "just finished this, what did you guys think of it" and get like four replies if I'm lucky
>>
I rant at my kid brother about it for 20 minutes because I live at home and I have no one to talk to

I also make note of it in my journal and I make a small reflection
>>
I make a thread tb h
>>
>>8095849
close the book, set it down, furrow my brow, and exhale out of my nose.
That's about it.
>>
>>8095849
I look for fanfiction because I'm dead inside

Or recommend it to my friends mom, since shes the other person I know that really reads
>>
>>8095849
I go to the /lit/ archive and look up every post mentioning it, because I want discussion but I don't know people in Real Lifeā„¢ who read.
>>
>>8095849
It sits on my mind for a while. Sometimes weeks. If I really like it, I might enthusiastically try to talk about it to all the disinterested people in my life. And then I think about it again and compare it to the next book I read and so on till the edge of the memory fades and is replaced sharper ones.
>>
>>8095442
I pick another one. And so it goes.
>>
>>8095849
I rejoice. It is likely my only achievement of the week.

Then, if I liked it, I read the introduction.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.