[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello I am holding coalman I have angst and I am going to tell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (297 KB, 640x946) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
297 KB, 640x946
Hello I am holding coalman I have angst and I am going to tell you about my angst for many pages thanks for listening also nothing will happen at the end
>>
I wanted holder cobblestone to die at the end
>>
>when he rapes his sister Pope
>>
>>8095836
Oh yea I like grabbing little kids. K thx buy!
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 300x300
tfw this is what Holden really looks like
>>
tfw catcher in the rye captures teenage vernacular angst and disillusionment perfectly
>>
>mfw you failed the pleb test
>>
>>8095836
Phoebe rapes her sister Holden
>>
>>8095836
>nothing will happen at the end
The end was the only redeeming factor imo. it was a very cozy way of resolving the theme. I really liked it
>>
>>8095836

>kid going into adulthood starts having pervert dreams of chasing kids in a field
>bums around a city coming to grips with being a pedo
>ends with him accepting being a pedo

I have no fucking clue why people like this book let alone make a religion out of it.
>>
>>8095862
Just like this thread.
>>
>>8095836
This is what everyone posts.

Hard to believe there was a time, prior to the normalization, domestication, and commercialization of teenage angst, that healthy hearty boys and girls could be enthralled by Holden. Now all are edgelords and Holden is normie, so they have a shrug.
>>
>>8095836
>I am a little bitch that doesn't want to grow up, I really do, the book
>>
Aren't you supposed to hate Holden? Didn't Salinger base Holden off the kid he hated once being?
>>
plebs hate this book

hating this book because you hate holden is like hating notes from underground because you hate the narrator
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.