[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Some Stuff.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: 7654edfgyu876.png (155 KB, 243x536) Image search: [Google]
7654edfgyu876.png
155 KB, 243x536
I did my best, but I want honest and tough, constructive criticism.

I'm not well-crafted yet in my prose and tone, I think, but I would like as much feedback as possible to improve.

If Anonymous demands it, I can improvise where needed and try to build off of this.

I don't want to go into details, but I need to improve a lot before the year is over. I have the drive and time needed to improve even if this isn't my strong suit. I know this might not be the best place to go, but it's a start for the time being.

https://www.docdroid.net/7e91KDs/test-sample.pdf.html
>>
>>8095195
Oh, forgot.

31 pages, but the pages should be short enough.
>>
>>8095195
4/10 prose
0/10 plot - that was the most bland and uneventful scene I've ever read (the first one). Didn't make it to the second.
>>
File: 1457010100572.jpg (20 KB, 281x164) Image search: [Google]
1457010100572.jpg
20 KB, 281x164
>>8095207
>reading for plot
>>
>>8095207
So I should try to accelerate getting to the point?

I'm sure it is bland and uneventful in the beginning, but I'm not exactly going for starships, harry potter or even swords & sorcery. I'm going for a general idea of what type of specific improvements I could go on.

It may not be clear at first, but it's generally taking place during the mid-to-late 1970's and locations actually physically exist in the real world. I try keeping as much grounded as I can so I don't get carried away just yet with anything too extravagant.
>>
>>8095195

I'm only the first paragraph in but Jesus you phrase things awkwardly.
>either of the three
>Despite the start of the spring season
Put a little more thought into how you word things and It'll become immeasurably easier to read.
>>
>>8095318
Noted. I'll take that to heart.
I want a laundry list of criticisms from top to bottom.

Please, don't let up. I don't exactly have the time to be worried about ego. I came to /lit/ for this, so I know to expect some higher level of harsh judgement.
>>
File: 865rety7654e.png (32 KB, 568x557) Image search: [Google]
865rety7654e.png
32 KB, 568x557
>>8095318
>>8095207
>pic related
How's this for a bit of improvement?
Honestly, I can do this on-the-fly and as often as necessary. I have nothing better to be doing, so all meaningful, valid and constructive criticism is welcome.
>>
>>8095195
Read this, and edot your work accordingly.
https://litreactor.com/essays/chuck-palahniuk/nuts-and-bolts-“thought”-verbs
>>
>>8096259
*Edit. Sorry for the ironic typo. On a phone.
>>
File: hhhhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg (45 KB, 447x699) Image search: [Google]
hhhhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg
45 KB, 447x699
>>8096261
Thanks.
Any and all help is appreciated.
Going to move the thread on over here now:
>>8096146

Same OP here and there.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.