[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Stirner get mocked here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: stir_000.jpg (27 KB, 386x520) Image search: [Google]
stir_000.jpg
27 KB, 386x520
His fight against morals always seemed to me an acute and refreshing one, especially in these times of ethical tyranny around the world.

How come he's being memed?
>>
File: image.jpg (184 KB, 610x611) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
184 KB, 610x611
People like their spooks anon
>>
"I" got "banned" for making a Stirred thread before.
>>
here's what happened:
>some people on this board and others took an interest in Stirner
>immediately they found The Ego and Its Own in which he uses the term "spook" a lot
>people begin to use the term "spook" as a meme because it seems to fit
>eventually everyone forgets what he wrote about and what spooks even are
>literally the only thing people know about him is that he wrote about the ego or something
>no one reads him because they're fat and lazy
>some people come along and start to make fun of the false image of Stirner that's constantly portrayed by people on this board who haven't read him
>they start to get triggered whenever he's mentioned
>eventually there's a civil war of memes and dreams
>constant shitflinging
>at this point literally five people on this board have actually read his books
>the end
>>
>>8094006
>>eventually there's a civil war of memes and dreams
>>constant shitflinging
every board
every subject

4chan is a cesspit of worthless opinion
>>
>>8094006
Thanks for the explanation. I'm a Frenchman and I don't always fathom the 4chan stuff haha.

Anyway, shame he isn't really being read.
>>
>>8094006
TBF it's also a product of the fact that a lot of the pointless, uninteresting shit that people bring up here can be rightly dismissed by calling spuks
>>
I genuinely think that he is right in saying that everything is just a social construction, once you understand that he is right you can understand that said constructions are not only necessary to humanity but quite useful.
>>
>>8094207
This is just common sense.
>>
>>8094349
It wasn't common sense in the past.
>>
>>8094366
It's not common sense now. 3/4 of moral philosopher are moral realists.
>>
File: 1463764947149.png (473 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1463764947149.png
473 KB, 600x800
Everyone gets mocked here. It's how we roll. Thankfully St. Max didn't mind being made fun of and misunderstood.
>>
>>8094349
Even if you explicitly think and say that it's common sense, chances are that you only apply it to things you disagree with anyway...
>>
File: Hit it.jpg (33 KB, 480x400) Image search: [Google]
Hit it.jpg
33 KB, 480x400
The people who obsess about spooks are ironically making spooks their spook.
>>
I wish I looked like the cartoon Max Stirner.

Should get myself a pair of those mirrored circular glasses. Not sure how easy it'd be to pull off his hairstyle, though.

I'd also need to take up smoking.
>>
File: 1460823913224.png (871 KB, 1000x1237) Image search: [Google]
1460823913224.png
871 KB, 1000x1237
I love him frankly
>>
>>8093989
>Why does Stirner get mocked here?
He's the enemy of all the fags making general academia and clickbait politics threads here

>What empty talk the political liberals utter with emphatic decorum is well seen again in Nauwerk's "On Taking Part in the State." There complaint is made of those who are indifferent and do not take part, who are not in the full sense citizens, and the author speaks as if one could not be man at all if one did not take a lively part in State affairs, i. e. if one were not a politician. In this he is right; for, if the State ranks as the warder of everything "human," we can have nothing human without taking part in it. But what does this make out against the egoist? Nothing at all, because the egoist is to himself the warder of the human, and has nothing to say to the State except "Get out of my sunshine."

>He in whose head or heart or both the State is seated, he who is possessed by the State, or the believer in the State, is a politician, and remains such to all eternity.
>>
>>8096732
shrimp?
>>
>>8094783
>pic
you're waifu a spook
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.