[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any book that'll help me deal with my insecurities?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 1460947845060.jpg (34 KB, 552x553) Image search: [Google]
1460947845060.jpg
34 KB, 552x553
Is there any book that'll help me deal with my insecurities?
>>
the bible
>>
a therapist
>>
>>8092554
Can't afford, anon.
>>
>>8092557
I can be your therapist, tell me about your mother Anon
>>
>>8092562
She abused me physically and mentally.
>>
>>8092567
Ah see there's where your trauma came from, glad we could clear that up quickly
>>
>>8092571
My father was an alcoholic. So what do I do now?
>>
>>8092572
The solution is clear, you need to kill your father and fuck your mother
>>
>>8092575
Eh, I thought you are going to recommend something.
>>
Anyone? Please? I could use a little help.
>>
>>8092581
Ok if that ones not good enough you need reconcile your perspective of your mother between her two primary roles as an (abusive) organising force and a source of affection and empathy and in turn you need to be able to see yourself in your father despite your differences
>>
>>8092588
Why don't provide him with a quick example of how one could go about it? Lurking & interested
>>
>>8092547
Albert Ellis: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/12929.Albert_Ellis
>>
>>8092591
The simplest way is communication, the subject is torn between different narratives, there is the prescribed cultural narrative of an ideal parental relationships he can't invest in, there is his own narrative of his history, there is the narrative he feels each of his parents impose on him on what really happened and then there is the actual narratives that each of the parents believe in. Understanding is established by seeing each other's narratives.
>>
>>8092575
Been reading Sophocles? Pretty good choice for /lit/book club. I am liking them
>>
Mindfulness in Plain English

Storm of Steel

The Upanishads

The Book of Job

Psalms
>>
Susan Forward - Toxic Parents
Seconding the Albert Ellis reccommendation
>>
>>8092756
Thank you.

>>8092822
Thank you.
>>
>>8092547
For an easy version

http://waitbutwhy.com/2014/06/taming-mammoth-let-peoples-opinions-run-life.html

For something more serious

http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/step1.htm
>>
Maybe read some philosophy. Neitzsche?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.