[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it still my own?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (4 KB, 188x236) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4 KB, 188x236
When I get high, I write better and read better.

Should I just get high all the time when I write and read? I feel like I'm cheating if I do.
>>
>>8090781
Do whatever works nigga, of course its your own, no writing ever simply comes from a man in a vacuum anyway, its always a product of the nexus of our associations, relationships and drives that are developed from external influences
>>
>>8090781
You should kill yourself
>>
>>8090794
Hmm, that's insightful, thank you. I guess I'm afraid that it's kind of a gimmick that works for me, but then again, drinking tea might improve someone else's reading or writing the same way weed improves mine.

>>8090800
nice dubs
>>
>>8090781
I typically like to write when i'm high and after the comedown, I'll edit sober.
>>
>>8090781
>I feel like I'm cheating if I do.
This is a dumb thought. Imagine if you got in a car crash then wrote something really good or you were just having a really good day and then wrote something really good. It is all just a change in mindset. Literally everything changes you mind every second of existence.
>>
You probably just feel that way. Maybe getting high just puts your inner disquiet at ease and you struggle a little less. I doubt you are more profound when you're high, and I'm sure if you struggled through writing and reading sober then thought over what you read and wrote and compared it to how you are high, you would find out that you're just as profound.

Not to mention that you avoid the pains of doing drugs everyday and being sober isn't as painful because you don't, mistakenly, believe thay you're stuck on a lower plane of thought.

I say this from firsthand experience, as someone who was and is a both a recreational drug user and at one point, perhaps still, an addict.
>>
i never write when i'm high. i do wander around the yard late at night, coming up with insane story lines and ideas, and when i'm able to type again, THEN i write.
>>
File: #deep.jpg (1 MB, 905x1430) Image search: [Google]
#deep.jpg
1 MB, 905x1430
I get ideas in dreams a lot of the times, feels like I'm cheating but I'm a shitty writer anyways so it makes up for it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86x-u-tz0MA
you should watch this, its semi related
>>
>>8090837
Yours puts you in a different state, so it is different.

Write high, edit normal
>>
Think of it like this, some people take anti-depressants not so they can be happy, but so they can actually feel it.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.