[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It makes me so irritated when plebs call grrm a "master."
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Bookset.jpg (152 KB, 824x901) Image search: [Google]
Bookset.jpg
152 KB, 824x901
It makes me so irritated when plebs call grrm a "master." I mean his prose is decent at best and cliche and purple at worst.
>>
That's because you are a retard with too much free time who is bothered by stupid shit.
>>
>>8090079
And you're an anus, so...there ya go
>>
>>8090056
As much as this board shits on Grrm he did something the shitposters never can do.

He got published.
>>
>>8090056
I just think it's funny
>>
>>8090056
That's what I like about them though. They're an excellent pleb filter.
>>
>>8090056

I would certainly not ever accuse GRRM's works of containing purple prose. Say what you will about his writing, but he definitely doesn't use purple prose.
>>
then why make a thread
>>
>>8090125
It's funny, but some people think asoiaf are actually masterpieces because they think tons of world-building=genius
>>
>>8090161
Because I want to make fun of poopturds and tryhards who worship the 'literary genius' of people like grrm and Frank Herbert, etc
>>
>>8090154
His descriptions of food and clothes though...
>>
>>8090180
GRRM's diction is almost always specific and concrete, eg. his father's Valyrian steel sword with the wolfshead pommel inlaid with ruby eyes, that kind of shit. I tend to think of purple prose as specific and abstract, with lots of ornate adjectives and adverbs. GRRM is almost always concerned with the material, while purple prose is usually highfalutin conceptual stuff.
>>
>>8090164
Ignorance is bliss. Just point them to literature that will make them realize GRRM is little more than a meme
>>
File: 2ec.png (572 KB, 600x580) Image search: [Google]
2ec.png
572 KB, 600x580
>>8090056
>mfw plebs try talking to me about Game of Thrones
>mfw literal redditor co-worker said ASoIaF is the best book he's ever read
>mfw cute 8/10 girl tries to recommend me YA trash fiction
>mfw i mock their pleb taste by laughing in their face
>mfw im truly a patrician that reads REAL literature recommended to me by my fellow patrician /lit/izens
>>
>>8090234
Like infinite jest
heh
>>
>>8090172
what did you fail at that made you so bitter and pathetic?
>>
>>8090206
"Glistened redly"--GRRM
>>
>>8090258
Life and friends
>>
>>8090206
"As though he had a dagger up his butt"--GRRM
>>
>>8090555
>>8090561
Please tell me these are real
>>
File: grrm.jpg (72 KB, 529x529) Image search: [Google]
grrm.jpg
72 KB, 529x529
>>8090555
Fat. Pink. Mast.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.