[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really like the Harry Potter series and was thinking of reading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
I really like the Harry Potter series and was thinking of reading along while listening to the audiobooks.

But I was wondering if /lit/ could maybe recommend something different as I've read the Potter series twice through. I've read The Hobbit, but not any Lord of the Rings. Should I do that instead? Thoughts?
>>
Start with the Greeks
>>
>>8089134
First of all, coming to /lit/ for this kind of advice was a bad ideal.

Second, reading along with audiobooks will make you stupider.

Third, if you're going straight from Harry Potter to LOTR, you're not going to enjoy it. Read some contemporary adult fantasy like Terry Brooks, Pratchett, Martin or Robert Jordan before tackling Tolkien. It's not particularly difficult, just dryer but much more poetic and meaningful than shit you're used to.
>>
You wrote two paragraphs[2[6]] to troll?[5] That's[9] what I[8] call dedication to the craft[1].

[1]the craft of trolling
[2]speaking in first person, speaking to first person in thread[3]
[5]This symbol is a question mark.
[6]I'm[7] using these number designations as notes so the reader can better understand what I'm[7] writing since I'm bad at writing and can't convey my message properly in the text itself.
[8]selfishness personified
[9]ambiguous[10]

[3]OP[4]
[7]the author
[10]read 7 types of ambiguity[11]

[4]original poster
[11]written by some promiscuous[12] degenerate

[12]Get it[13]?

[13]The joke[14]

[14]*.
>>
>>8089134
>read the harry potter books twice
>now wants to read them again
>with audiobook playing at the same time
why don't you just go to r/books, friend? g-d bless and good luck
>>
>>8089203
Okay DFW
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.