[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Acquisition thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: P1030508a.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
P1030508a.png
1 MB, 1024x768
Hello,

I never rely on you and rarely frequent this kind of thread but I've made an unexpected acquisition (I'm a book dealer) and I would like your opinion about it. It's an early print of the 1932 third edition of James Joyce's “Ulysses”, barely used, with the famous “Not to be introduced into the British Empire or the U.S.A.” mention. It's a limited press luxury copy, with the two volumes and its case, the whole with no flaw or handwritten notes. I don't trade this kind of book, and I would like to know how much you would evaluate it. I'm considering selling it between 100$ and 250$. Is it a reasonable price? It really is in a perfect condition. No stain, no torn/folded pages. The case still have its original lace.

Also, acquisition thread.
>>
I don't have a god damn clue but that sure does look neat and I wish it was mine
>>
>>8088484
burn it.
trump 2016
>>
If I can't sell it back, at least I would have finally read this book.
>>
I'd be really surprised if you were actually a book dealer yet couldn't evaluate the price of this yourself.
>>
>>8088612
I don't trade this kind of book. Actually, I rarely even have the opportunity to deal with English written material. I would expect a much more realistic price here than checking what's going on AbeBooks or Amazon.
>>
>>8088484
I'm no expert on Joyce, but $100 would be a good starting point for that book, since it's not a first edition, but a pristine copy of a 1932 edition.
>>
>>8088648
That's what I thought but I read the third edition—apparently the first “real” professional one—is of much more quality regarding the text accuracy, so I was wondering if 100$ may be too cheap for a luxury print.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.