[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you a spiritual person, /lit/erati?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8
File: de Chirico.jpg (501 KB, 1293x1600) Image search: [Google]
de Chirico.jpg
501 KB, 1293x1600
Are you a spiritual person, /lit/erati?
>>
Depends on your definition of spiritual. My spirituality more or less belongs in /x/, by traditional standards.
>>
No I'm a materialist
>>
>>8087902
i am a religious person but without a religion. i hold onto the things i was taught as a young catholic but i have abandoned the church because the idea that an all-knowing and all-powerful god could be such a dick is too ridiculous.
>>
im pretty spiritual but ive also done massive amounts of mind altering substances. ive always believed in some kind of greater order but it took a decent amount of lsd to realize nature is the greatest order. the rest is just schizoid beliefs with little factual basis but it keeps my head calm so I work with it.
>>
I wasn't until I had a religious experience reading Sirius: A Fantasy of Love and Discord.
>>
>>8087902
I like to think so. being born and raised in a cult does that.
>>
>>8087902
sometimes, yes, very.
Once jesus spoke to me through an empty chip bag in a 7-11 parking lot
other times, no. Not at all.
>>
Spiritualism pisses me off to no end

It's all the parts of religion I detest without any of the parts I find beautiful and admirable
>>
>>8088055
t. fascist
>>
No, I've embarrassed myself enough for one lifetime. I'm a nihilist now
>>
>>8087902
Not at all, I am an atheist and materialist.
>>
>>8087902
Not generally, but the Beach Boys' music activated a spiritual side of me that especially comes through in my music. I find a lot of beauty in "spiritual" concepts, and despite my lack of faith I do attribute it to some supernatural entity.
>>
File: received_1247490985268761.jpg (21 KB, 550x375) Image search: [Google]
received_1247490985268761.jpg
21 KB, 550x375
>>8088035

If it was an actual cult, do tell. If you're talking about mainstream religion, well tippity doo da to you too.
>>
No.
>>
>>8087902

Yes. This isn't the only reason why I'm spiritual but once you have personally witnessed paranormal-type stuff multiple times that completely defies any scientific explanation its hard to not come to a conclusion that falls into the category of spiritual.
>>
>>8088207
What paranormal stuff did you witness?
>>
File: 1447824418607.jpg (104 KB, 485x687) Image search: [Google]
1447824418607.jpg
104 KB, 485x687
Everyone is.
>>
>>8088217
shadow people
>>
>>8088243
Why the fuck would you think "shadow people" would be a adequate amount of exposition for anyone to know what the hell you are going on about?
>>
>>8087902
I think the essence of who I am belongs to a higher order of life, and as such, I must strive to crystalize this higher order in my own conduct.
>>
Yes, because I realize my human aquiring-knowledge ability.
>>
>>8087902
Science, materialism, even common sense empirical perceptions are merely innacurate representation of something boundless and unattainable. I like to think of it as an infinitely complex fractal pattern unfolding through time and space and beyond the limits of human comprehension. All is one, perfect order from trees and ants to advertisments, discarded plastic bottles, life, death, human history- a bottomless fractal depth to everything. Nothing ever really dies.
>>
I wasn't at all until reading Nisargadatta Maharaj's I Am That. It explains the nature of consciousness so well that the pointings were immediately felt experientially. But to say that one is a spiritual person is really inaccurate because the person is only a limited expression of consciousness conceiving its own reality. Spirituality after all is just another concept that keeps the egoic movement going on. So in my experience there is no one being spiritual, only the spirit exists as presence and phenomena are just temporary appearances on that qualityless background.
>>
>>8088327
this book was used as a manual by muslim terrorists btw
>>
>>8087967
what did He do wrong
>>
>>8088410
>I like to think of it as an infinitely complex fractal pattern unfolding through time and space and beyond the limits of human comprehension.

Nothing is unfolding. Spacetime is a fixed four-dimensional manifold. There is no objective "now" any more than there is an objective "here".
>>
>>8088881
I didnt know that, but the nazis read Nietzsche by the way
>>
>>8088055
? You like being a member of a special club?

"Spiritual" = intelligent designer+too lazy to learn philosophy/ethics
>>
>>8087902
If by spiritual you mean a pious Catholic, then yes.
>>
File: kawaiibugs.jpg (220 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
kawaiibugs.jpg
220 KB, 1280x960
I'm an omnitheist. I believe in every god, ghosts, magic, unicorns, souls, dragons and every -ism there is. You could make up a god and would believe in its existence.
>>
>>8087902
Is that Magritte?
>>
>>8088217

The other person who responded wasn't me but I've personally witnessed situations where a closed door opened itself so fast that the door slammed into the wall next to it and made a loud noise, and in one other situation an open door that was heavy and thick and fully extended away from the door frame suddenly slammed itself shut and the thick deadbolt lock on the inside locked itself despite there being nobody on the inside. In both situations there was no wind or other people involved.
>>
>>8088941

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giorgio_de_Chirico
>>
>>8089006
Cheers pal
>>
>>8089004
and these incidents made you spiritual? lmfao why do you think God is randomly slamming doors?
>>
>>8088150
It's an actual cult, The Family International.
>>
>>8087902
Very much so. As I mature, I find myself becoming more and more spiritual
>>
File: spiritual.jpg (42 KB, 648x256) Image search: [Google]
spiritual.jpg
42 KB, 648x256
>>8090099

spiritual ≠ believing in god, pic related

I don't believe in god and again, as I stated that wasn't the only reason why I'm spiritual, it merely added onto the other reasons. The only plausible explanations for it seem to be that there are unknown laws of physics that cause objects to randomly move for no discernible reason or that there are some sort of spirits or ghosts/beings that can do those things. The second explanation is the one most people including myself side with when they witness those things and it falls under the category of spiritual due to it relying on the premise that there exists something beyond the materialist view that is responsible for causing those things.

Its easy to act dismissive of it if you haven't experienced it but when you see heavy objects in the same room as you rapidly move on their own on its pretty unnerving.
>>
File: 1452887384688-4.jpg (14 KB, 236x345) Image search: [Google]
1452887384688-4.jpg
14 KB, 236x345
I believe Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life.
>>
>>8087902
I don't believe in a a God per se, because that is an incredibly difficult thought, suspension of belief and all. I only wish to god once, as an adult, when I had my abortion, I prayed to him that the abortion would put a scar in my womb so I can be punished for my murder. I'd rather believe that there is a force out there who punishes instead of rewards, it's easier to believe that.

I'm not spiritual, it's difficult to be spiritual and I envy most churchgoers.
>>
>>8090442
You are full of bitterness and malice and not at all a good person for believing this. You need to face that. Sorry.
>>
>>8088887
he's punishing me for a sin committed by adam and eve.
>>
>>8088217
I'm this guy
>>8088041
Another time I communicated psychically with a fire ant

That shook me up
>>
>>8089004
>I think drafts are spirits

nigga are you a caveman?
>>
>>8090430
Kill yourself
>>
>>8090853
May Jesus Christ bless your heart, may you find peace and purpose.
>>
File: coo.jpg (244 KB, 1024x780) Image search: [Google]
coo.jpg
244 KB, 1024x780
>>8088130

>the Beach Boys' music activated a spiritual side of me

Other anons might give you shit for this, but I unsderstand completely.

>tfw when there's a place called Kokomo
>>
>>8090842

>drafts in a room with no windows open can lock a previously unlocked heavy deadbolt lock by themselves

no
>>
>>8088889
It is unfolding from our view point at least, since we experience time as passing. You are right tough
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.