[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I became an avid reader like three months ago and I can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 6
File: pepe.jpg (49 KB, 463x325) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
49 KB, 463x325
I became an avid reader like three months ago and I can't stop. I stopped watching tv and I don't spend much time on 4chan anymore.

Here's how I did it.

-Remember the average person reads like zero books a year. If you read 5 pages a day, you are 5 pages above the average person

-Don't force yourself to read. Commit to read 5 pages a day. I swear after three days you'll feel like reading more and after a month or so you should be reading 50-100 pages a day for pleasure

-Read various books at the same time. When I grab a difficult book or one that makes me sleepy I grab another and switch. This should refresh your head. Keep them thematically different. I read economics and fiction.

-It isn't a race. Reading slowly won't make you sleepy that fast. Try to acknowledge what books are for you to read fast and which aren't.

-Buy the physical copies. When you get the books from your own money you'll feel the need to read them to avoid the feel of wasting your money.

-Start with books highly discussed here so you feel motivated to discuss.
>>
File: 1463616955028.jpg (6 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1463616955028.jpg
6 KB, 240x240
That's solid advice, thanks anon
>>
File: Avidreader.png (75 KB, 876x325) Image search: [Google]
Avidreader.png
75 KB, 876x325
>>8087488
Nice dubs! And thanks for the great advice.
>>
File: avidreaderr.png (76 KB, 876x325) Image search: [Google]
avidreaderr.png
76 KB, 876x325
>>
File: wew.jpg (10 KB, 249x175) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
10 KB, 249x175
On 4chan time I don't much spend.
Anymore, and watching I stopped tv.
And stop ago like three avid
Months. I can't. I became an reader.

I here did how it.

100 pleasure for -50 commit.
I swear a day to read pages 5.
With three after. Don't- force a reading
If after a day the pages 5 feel zero.
You'll average 5 pages or so a year.
The person above you should average it.
You read the books? Remember like the person reads.
Are pages like feel? Days reading more, a month.
And read to you. Be yourself.
Thematically refresh a difficult fiction.
Switch your head, I of sleepy head.
And economics read, keep another grab.
Them should this and I me makes that book.
The one time read, same books I grab.
Or when at the various books race.
Aren't which fast, you sleepy feel.
You'll money own, fast money slowly
And read your wasting feel to books.
The get when you are highly motivated.
You feel to discuss discussed books here.
So start- acknowledge reading isn't physical.
To try won't make the copies buy-
For what that you avoid from them
To read to your need.
>>
File: aavidreader.png (175 KB, 1724x325) Image search: [Google]
aavidreader.png
175 KB, 1724x325
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.