[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this is seriously one of the most tedious fucking books I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: th.jpg (6 KB, 190x300) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
6 KB, 190x300
this is seriously one of the most tedious fucking books I have ever read in my whole life. reading this book is like doing a homework assignment. I get that it's supposed to be a critique of aristocracy, but oscar wilde really like to fling up dense ass sentences, and his characters speak in so many aphorisms, sometimes I just come to an absolute tug of war with my willpower to read through it, and my desire to finish the book. I'm dead serious, it's just so fucking tedious, who the hell reads this shit? I'm 56 pages into the book and it's 160 pages, it's taken me days because it's so tedious to read through. Nothing has picked up yet, it's still just character and plot building and fucking LORD HENRY speaking in the most obnoxious way, all throughout. Fuuuuuuck. Why? Why the hell do people enjoy this book? It's fucking drudgery!
>>
>>8086992
I read it in like four days and thoroughly enjoyed it. If you aren't feeling it just drop it it's that easy. You don't have to like every style
>>
Welcome to 19th century literature OP. Don't forget to read the 9001 other """masterpieces" from that era.
>>
>>8086992
>I get that it's supposed to be a critique of aristocracy

lamao
>>
>>8086992
Dank meme OP. Dank meme indeed.
>>
>>8086992
You didn't get it. It's an incredible book and the beginning is amazing, it foreshadows a lot of what happens.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.