[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/x/ is full of kids, roleplayers, creepypasta adepts and mis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7
File: Dance-of-death-german-18th.jpg (1010 KB, 1225x1600) Image search: [Google]
Dance-of-death-german-18th.jpg
1010 KB, 1225x1600
/x/ is full of kids, roleplayers, creepypasta adepts and misleading information
can we have a thread on occult literature, withouth the pratical aspect of it?

https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ!FcgnlaBC
>>
>tfw there will never be a good lit
>>
>>8086621
I mean /x/ wtf kind of typo is that
>>
File: Dr. P.J. Forshaw.jpg (54 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Dr. P.J. Forshaw.jpg
54 KB, 1280x720
The Infinite Fire Webinar Series - Selection of Dr. P.J. Forshaw

https://youtu.be/i8KtN1_exr8

Peter will take us first to the 'Amphitheatrum Sapientiae Aeternae' - the Amphitheatre of Eternal Wisdom - the renowned work of physician and Hermetic alchemist Heinrich Khunrath

Peter will discuss the alchemical emblem book 'Atalanta Fugiens' (1617) by the Renaissance alchemist Michael Maier
>>
So what's good occult literature, anon?

I tried reading King James' Daemonologie but got bored half-way in.
>>
>>8086635
I liked /x/ when it was just filled with movie streams and that one dude who owned an owl was around.
>>
File: Peter J. Forshaw.jpg (122 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Peter J. Forshaw.jpg
122 KB, 1280x720
>>8086655

See

>>8086653

The Emblemata of the Atalanta Fugiens by Dr. Peter J. Forshaw

https://youtu.be/yi3wlIOEsn0

With the Infinite Fire Webinar Series, the Ritman Library and the Center for the History of Hermetic Philosophy and Related Currents (GHF) of the University of Amsterdam have joined forces and are planting the seed for a Scholarly Hermetic Circle

Peter J. Forshaw, who shares with us his knowledge on Michael Maier (1568--1622), a Renaissance alchemist, composer, physician and counsellor to Habsburg Emperor Rudolf II Habsburg. The webinar focusses in particular on Maier's Atalanta Fugiens (1618), a multimedia work containing 50 engraved emblems visualizing the alchemical stages and including corresponding epigrams, discourses and musical symphonies 'fugues', which he composed himself
>>
File: mgmt.jpg (127 KB, 1209x800) Image search: [Google]
mgmt.jpg
127 KB, 1209x800
Nothing is known about Maier's ideas on how to perform the fugues, though some believe they serve as auditory support during corresponding alchemical work in the laboratory...

>>8086614

Above AND Below ?
>>
File: FAboost.jpg (13 KB, 456x200) Image search: [Google]
FAboost.jpg
13 KB, 456x200
>>8086706

Faboost...
It seems...
Is is a pretty powerful thing

>>8086893
>>
File: Music.png (2 MB, 1280x879) Image search: [Google]
Music.png
2 MB, 1280x879
>>8086706

>auditory support

Art
https://youtu.be/3-fI6AT49t4
>>
>>8086585
Really interesting, but difficult to walk the line between ancient esoteric philosophy and roleplaying fantasy. I appreciate the pdf dump though, anon
>>
File: 16-apr30.jpg (147 KB, 663x705) Image search: [Google]
16-apr30.jpg
147 KB, 663x705
>>8086585
I've been getting into this but apparently its discussion on /x/ is verboten (I think I called bs on some mod's arg and got kicked out)

They're a bit like Finnegans Wake what with being multilayered and multireferential. Quite good fun imo.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.