[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
lit, my younger brother's graduation is today. mine was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: cover.jpg (359 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
359 KB, 680x680
lit, my younger brother's graduation is today. mine was 4 years ago and I've done nothing with my life. It makes me so sad I don't even want to go. Is there any book out there that embodies this sort of sadness and futility, the feeling that your life is just a miserable failure and you hate the entire world for being a cruel, fucked up place?
>>
Elliot Rodger's My Twisted World is all about whiny rich kids who can't get anything done
>>
>>8085479
thanks for making me feel worse, that was a pretty low joke. you didn't actually make me feel really worse, I'm just sort of disgusted by your poor taste. That's very temporary though, I'm already over it. In fact, as I type this I feel a bit better. So thanks.
>>
You're me except it's my sister. Four years for me too.

I feel completely stuck. Dropped out of school.

Reading the fourth part of "My Struggle". Lots of youth memories of falling in love, meeting girls, realizing I have had none of that which makes me even more depressed. I just want to meet people, find some girl, do all those thing's I've been missing out on. But I'm just a shy fuck. And also not attractive. So, sort of finding a job wouldn't do much, sure it would be nice but I would still have nothing. No friends or girls or anyone to be with. Just going to thd job. That's not hapiness. I just want to burst out of this bubble. Also live in a shitty small village so there's really not a whole lot of people to meet. I feel like I'm completely done by now.

Um. Book redonmendations. I don't know. You've probably read The Stanger.
>>
>>8085487
>>8085513
Recently read this great essay:

https://morecrows.wordpress.com/2016/05/10/unnecessariat/
>>
>>8085475
>tfw the only notable thing you will ever do or make in this world is the pain you will leave behind when you finally kill yourself

clicked on mountains for this
>>
>>8085513
fuck man, meeting girls and shit is extrovert dribble. not everyone does that, you're and me both are in the same boat. It doesn't even matter if you wanna be here though, because there's gotta be more people out there who had the same experience. Seeing you say this makes me think that, it's easy to rationalize this way, but it's not always easy to believe when I tell myself this.

and yeah I'm gonna read the stranger, right after I read the trial. I like books that are about loneliness and stuff. I also want to read the book of disquiet.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.