[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is Prague the most /lit/ city?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
is Prague the most /lit/ city?
>>
>>8084165
no
>>
>>8084165
a fucking ROACH
>>
paris, london or rome
>>
>>8084165
Jew York
>>
>>8084175
>Rome

lol are you joking?
>>
>>8084165
No it's just Buckowski reading hipster bagpacker tier
>>
dude fake absinthe lmao
>>
File: turbo nut incoming.jpg (128 KB, 598x586) Image search: [Google]
turbo nut incoming.jpg
128 KB, 598x586
>that HDR
>>
>>8084165
No. Dayton, Ohio.
>>
>>8084165
Islamic Córdoba
>>
File: Shkreli1.jpg (96 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Shkreli1.jpg
96 KB, 600x800
>Slavtown full of lesbian performance artists
>Vienna for people who are HIV-positive
>Awarded prize for world's most disgusting language
>The bread tastes like eggs and the coffee tastes like bread
>Enjoy the nostalgia for the last days of Tito
>Architecture reminiscent of a nightmare you had during the cold war
I'll stay over here in Canada thanks
>>
>>8084250
>Enjoy the nostalgia for the last days of Tito

Eh think you better check a map Yank
>>
>>8084221
HDR memeshit are the best kind
>>
>>8084165
There are so many books set in Paris that it would be impossible to pick anything else
>>
>>8084263
Not London? I'd be interested to see which is more written about
>>
>>8084263
But how many of those books are written by /lit/ authors, and how many by romantic poseurs?
>>
The true /lit/ cities today are in your bedroom or in the countryside somewhere.

There's no /lit/ atmosphere being surrounded by modern day society unless you're writing a book on consumerism or something else hinging on importance of technology, quick communication, quick transportation, quick pleasures etc.

I would recommend a few cities on the italian coastline though to be specific.
>>
>>8084303
>There's no /lit/ atmosphere being surrounded by modern day society unless you're writing a book on consumerism or something else hinging on importance of technology, quick communication, quick transportation, quick pleasures etc.

So basically if you want your work to be relevant
>>
DUBLIN
U
B
L
I
N
>>
>>8084332
Eh I live here and honestly Joyce would be ashamed of it today, it's become a cultural wasteland between the cost of going out and youth unemployment
>>
>>8084328

It depends, the point is isolation is good for any writer, nothing better then someone alone with a pile of books and peace. If you live somewhere too congested you may be filled with distractions and get too wrapped up in whatever it is you're trying to get in the mindset of.
>>
>>8084351
Totally disagree, if you look at most great writers historically a connection and involvement to metropolitan culture is extremely prevalent
>>
>>8084165
That looks like such a pain in the ass to set up all those tables and chairs at opening, then have to take it down again at closing.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.