[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one overcome their spooks? I just can't do it,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: 1380601709632.jpg (30 KB, 499x457) Image search: [Google]
1380601709632.jpg
30 KB, 499x457
How does one overcome their spooks?

I just can't do it, no matter how hard I try. I'm still in the pursuit of some of my spooks even though I know I shouldn't be.

I'm a slave to the spooks.
>>
What's with all this Stirnerfags lately, are we invaded by 13 year olds?
>>
No one can. You are doomed to be beta
>>
File: stirner.png (19 KB, 680x604) Image search: [Google]
stirner.png
19 KB, 680x604
There are no spooks to overcome. The ego creates the spooks.
>>
>>8083933
lol
>>
by going outside and making a friend
>>
>>8083917

we're all slaves to spooks. focus less on getting rid of spooks generally and more on being spooked by badass spooks, cool spooks that get you laid and ripped

hth
>>
is there a definitive canon of spooks to overcome/avoid?
>>
spook is the lit equivalent of patriarchy i.e. the foundation of everything that i dislike for arbitrary reasons even though i don't know what the word means
>>
>>8084870
no
>>
>>8084870
>spook is the lit equivalent of feminism
fixed
>>
>>8084873
le spooked! :D

seriously, observe how it is used for the next week. It's just 'i don't agree and have authority for my opinion because, yeh'
>>
>>8084847
>decent post from a tripfriend

wait i'm confused
>>
>>8084878
i know how it's used but it's wrong
>>
>>8083917
The compulsion to overcome your spooks is just another spook. Spooks are fine t.b.h. just be aware.
>>
>>8084880

that's stan, guy!

you must be new
>>
You stupid fucks who don't even read his work, but rather read summaries or /lit/ shitposts, and then think you can jump in the spook bandwagon, make me sick. His book is incredibly rewarding, from its prose to its concepts. What is not, is a book that aims to justify the very own spooks of a edgy no-life nihilistic faggot who thinks himself above everyone else because everyone "bases their life on le nothing", without realizing their own fallibility within their frame of reference.
To give you some insight, everyone can understand and embrace Stirner's ideas and not change a fucking thing in their life.

Read the last sentence again. If you can't understand it, read Stirner again.
>>
>>8084866
Think of the person who feels great pressure to marry a women he does not particualry like because that is the "manly' thing to do.

Whilst he was young he might well have enjoyed living the manly the life however in his later years this ceases to be the case, yet he feels compelled to live up to its requirements.

Another example, think of the person who idolises logic and reason, the kind of person who views Spock as the ideal person. Now living according to this rigid view may well benefit a person in their work life, however if this person is a romantic at heart in their social life they will then suffer as they have to repress this desire of theirs because it conflicts with their idea of logic and reason.

Why do they repress themselves when it is thier power to act as they wish? Simply because they have placed the idea or spook above themselves. Serving that idea is more imporant than serving themselves
>>
File: Rabbit changeling.png (2 MB, 1284x1657) Image search: [Google]
Rabbit changeling.png
2 MB, 1284x1657
Sturner was actually a changeling, don't listen to anything he said.
>>
>>8083947
this has been a meme for years
>>
>>8084974
>His book is incredibly rewarding, from its prose to its concepts
>>
You don't, you just decide the best way for you to deal with them.
>>
I have quite a lot of spooks I should overcome. The first and greatest is my moral code. I will sound edgy, but everything I blame myself for the bad things I have done in the past. I am so hard on myself and others. I am hard on people thaf had a lot of relationship (including myself), It makes me more and more bitter everyday. I hate myself, I want to die, but I can't even kill myself because that would break my shitty code. Life sucks and I become more bitter everyday.
>>
>>8085700
cool blog
>>
>>8085705
Did you upvote it?
>>
File: 3597695_orig.jpg (16 KB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
3597695_orig.jpg
16 KB, 448x252
All is in a man's hands and he lets it all slip from cowardice, that's an axiom. It would be interesting to know what it is men are most afraid of. Taking a new step, uttering a new word is what they fear most.
>>
>>8084577
Stirnerian egoism is the farthest you can be from leftist ideology
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.