[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ernest Hemingway thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: hemingway.jpg (104 KB, 1025x1024) Image search: [Google]
hemingway.jpg
104 KB, 1025x1024
>in a spanish bar
>this guy walks up and slaps your gf ass

wat do
>>
give him electroshock therapy until he kills himself
>>
>"bet you could have slapped her ass harder if you weren't such a flabby, old tryhard. Least I can still get it up. If you were half the man you claimed to be, you would've died in the trenches"
>two weeks later
>blows brains out
>>
>>8083764
guffawed
>>
>>8083757
Find his gf and cuck him by pretending to be a faggot matador
>>
>>8083791
Don't be calling matadors faggots now, anon
>>
File: 1410902003563.jpg (35 KB, 152x152) Image search: [Google]
1410902003563.jpg
35 KB, 152x152
>>8083779
>>
>>8083843
No one gets that obsessed about the idea of getting penetrated by a bull without something fishy in his mind
>>
File: 20160525_185242.jpg (3 MB, 2976x2976) Image search: [Google]
20160525_185242.jpg
3 MB, 2976x2976
Just bought this because you faggots said it's a good introduction to his work.

Did I get memed?
>>
>>8084216
Why don't you read it and figure it out for yourself? I enjoy it.
>>
>>8084216
No it's really gud
>>
>>8083757
he seems about to grow a corporation
>>
>>8084216
Enjoy it, I'm rereading it now and it's great. Pay a lot of attention to the character interactions.
>>
>>8084216
>Reading any hemingway about bells, balls and bulls

Yes, you did get memed.
>>
>ywn be Robert Jordan
>ywn go to Spain and fight for communism with a qt by your side

I could go to Rojava I guess but I'm chubby and have no combat experience.
>>
>>8084307
i guess isis still can employ you as a gay whore, i heard their high command had those
>>
>>8084307
Easy solution nigga, lose weight by fighting, gain experience by fighting. Shits just excuses for being a pussy
>>
>>8084321
There's also the factor of wanting to avoid a hilariously awful death at the hands of ISIS on the basis of them wanting to make another wacky video
>>
>>8084216
That's one of his weaker books, For Whom the Bell Tolls and The Old Man and the Sea are far more engaging reads
>>
>>8084321
They don't let people without experience go over anymore. They're bordering on a massive famine and it would just waste food.
>>
>>8084216
Best Hemingway is short story Hemingway, but Sun Also Rises is generally considered his best novel. It's much better, and less self-indulgent, than his later works.

>That's one of his weaker books, For Whom the Bell Tolls and The Old Man and the Sea are far more engaging reads

Horseshit
>>
>>8084216
That really is a lovely publication.
>>
Favorite author is Dostoyevsky but I really like what Cervantes did in Quixote. I have some weird feeling drawing me to Old man and the sea and even weirder it was the only Hemingway at my local bookstore when I went. Am I memeing myself?
>>
>>8084385
>but Sun Also Rises is generally considered his best novel

that's if you like cuckoldry
>>
>>8084385
True shit my man, how anyone could prefer reading about Brett slutting it up over the aforementioned books or even A Farewell to Arms I will never know.
>>
>>8084417
or if ur a white male slowly-growing-up manchild.

Hemingway was the DFW of his generation (and of actual literature)
>>
>>8084417
>>8084437
>can't into lost generation
>reading for plot

Back to Bernard Crowmell and Allan Mallinson lads
>>
>>8084385
this desu
>>
File: 20 - uaLqKKF.png (470 KB, 706x653) Image search: [Google]
20 - uaLqKKF.png
470 KB, 706x653
>>8083779
>>
Can anyone help me see the appeal in Hemingway? I've read The Sun Also Rises (twice), A Farewell To Arms, and Old Man and The Sea and I still don't enjoy his works. His prose is great but that's all for me.
>>
>>8086538
Hemingway appeals to a certain niche of people, perhaps more so than other authors. If things like warfare, drinking, travelling, and hunting appeal to you, you're more inclined to enjoy the things that he's saying.
>>
>>8084216
Don't ask Sarah whatever you do.
>>
>>8084216
Yes, he's the biggest hack in history (my next People on Things will be about him, Ernie Hemingway on an Electric Chair), so you absolutely got memed straight the fuck out.
>>
>>8084456
DFW's writing is a lot more interesting than memmmmmmmmmmmmeingway's, even if they are comparable in a lot of ways.
>>
>>8087676
>wardine be cry
>>
>>8086538
Try his short stories.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.