[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Chesterton the greatest "man of letters" in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: G K Chesterton Cartoon.jpg (29 KB, 400x611) Image search: [Google]
G K Chesterton Cartoon.jpg
29 KB, 400x611
Is Chesterton the greatest "man of letters" in the history of the English language?

There were better poets, better writers, better essayists, better dramatists, better critics, and better philosophers, but I'm not sure there's anyone else who could do every one of those things at the level he could do them. He seems to have mastered all possible uses of the written word.
>>
He knew how to drop a fat beat, that's for sure.
>>
hm... maybe
>>
>>8081661
Chesterton is a really interesting figure, and one of the most intriguing jacks of all trades of our modern era. His ability to do so much in so many fields is astounding, and I think it's cool that he managed to actually contribute to every one of his interests and hobbies.

I'm not a huge fan, but the best modern analogue is probably Chomsky. STEM equivalent is Feynman, I guess.
>>
He was the best kind of fat person
>>
>>8081702
he even self-inserted himself as a fat god :^)
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.