[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Essay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1463944824929.png (13 KB, 94x151) Image search: [Google]
1463944824929.png
13 KB, 94x151
I have to write an informal essay on anything related to education, any ideas?
>>
write about the dangers of quantitive easing and how that has led to a liquidity trap which might end up causing the central banks to lose control which might result in another crash
>>
>>8080031
What does that have to do with education
>>
Anyone
>>
Write about how the patriarchy within schools has destroyed children's ability to 'just be themselves' which is essentially what every philosopher, particularly kant proposed as the highest good for man
>>
School Desegregation
Public vs Private School debates
Sexual Assault in Schools
College Tuition
Music Education in Public Schools, Good or Bad?
Schools as a means of bacterial/viral breeding grounds
Public vs Religious Schools in Africa
The History of Colonial Schools
Why classroom pets are awesome and why your class should get a hamster
>>
Look up what VAM is and why it's shitty for teachers. NY supreme court just ruled against it, too, so it's really an importand and current issue.

Standardized testing is an easy one. It is really out of control here in my state and district. The kids take a state wide test for reading/writing and one for maths, then they have end-of-course exams for a bunch of classes, plus "progress monitoring" exams throughout the year, PSAT, ACT Plan, etc. etc. etc. Teachers and students lose a significant portion of the school year to proctor/take these tests.

School safety. My district is in the middle of implementing a plan to have every campus be totally enclosed, so my school just finished putting up an 8 foot high fence all the way around the school. The psychological effects on students have to be poor.

Out of school suspension. Districts are just beginning to move away from it because it doesn't really help anything. I just had a student suspended for two days because he violated gis behavioral contract by skipping. So he missed a day and is punished by missing two more? How is that helpful? Why not a kind of combined detention/study hall kind of thing, something academic?

Just a few ideas. I might post more in the morning. I'm off to bed.
>>
Thanks guys
>>
I'm the guy who posted the last ideas. Here a couple more.
Common Core is an easy one. Huge hot topic.

Technology in the classrooms, pros and cons. As a teacher, cell phones a fucking scourge. Even the kids parents will call and text them in the middle of class and expect them to answer. Many of them really see us as government-subsidized daycare.

Preparing kids for life after high school. In general, we don't do it. We don't ask what they want to do, we don't really offer guidance on how to get there.

Here is a link to a really neat animated video set to a short talk on some issues with our public education system:

https://youtu.be/zDZFcDGpL4U
>>
just write about how creationism shouldn't be taught in schools and how beliefs should not be taught as fact. the teacher will probably agree with you so more marks and it will be piss easy
>>
Write about how to educate perfect philosopher-kings
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.