[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Anon, what experiences fuel your fiction and poetry? Oh,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: louis-simpson-1-sized.jpg (23 KB, 338x242) Image search: [Google]
louis-simpson-1-sized.jpg
23 KB, 338x242
>Anon, what experiences fuel your fiction and poetry? Oh, you had a middle class childhood and went to university? I was part of the 101st airborne division...
>>
your mother's Grande Pussy fuels eternally my inner fire
>>
I'm a psychoanalyst and have been judging the temperament of this board.

Posts such as these show signs of deep insecurity and a misrepresentation due to fear instilled when young (often by parents) that people are naturally going to be condescending, rude, hurtful.

I recommend a therapist
>>
>life experience directly translates to the quality of your work

Are you seriously serious?
>>
>>8079878
>Posts such as these show signs of deep insecurity and a misrepresentation due to fear instilled when young (often by parents) that people are naturally going to be condescending, rude, hurtful.
I mean, they are, the only bad thing is being either overly defensive and chauvinistic or a pussy about this.
>>
>>8079878

this, even if posted ironically

>>8079883

People tend to forget how to even into imagination.
>>
>>8079859
Son of immigrants who had more jobs than bukowski but also managed to take a university degree at the same time. Got to travel a lot of places and meet a lot of people, have a heartbreak from a seven year relationship that I never really surpassed and was also mugged by gypsies riding horses.
Yeah pretty much not your typical nerd who spend the day sitting at the computer.
>>
middle class childhood and university seem pretty relatable. i mean these are the poeple who would buy books.
>>
>>8079878
>I'm a psychoanalyst
Stopped reading right there
>>
I've seen q-ships on fire over the shoulder of Orion
>>
middle class childhood, university and 101st airborne division are mutually exclusive
>>
>>8081542
Ive seen Q-tips on fire over the beats of Ali Shaheed
>>
>>8079896
This.

Honestly, a lot of my poetry is fiction. Granted, most of it is shit, but that's not because I lack life experience, I'm just a fuckin' hack.

So much I didn't know
Where do I begin?
So much is out here but
Oh why did no one tell me?
I'm afraid to move on
I'm afraid to stand still
I'm afraid to go back
Is this what it's like to be free
In this frightening, beautiful world?

>reading my own shit again, ffs what was I thinking
>>
My nostalgia for central european cities.
Public transport.My will to be someone respectable.
>>
>>8079921
Id love to understand why people feel the need to try and refute troll threads by proving their worth with their life history in 4chan threads
>>
>>8081644
Here I am, stuck in traffic in a tram in a central European city. Not sure if I'll be nostalgic about this morning later on, to be quite desu.
>>
>>8079921
This reminds me of the time I was mugged twice in the same afternoon, near the Eiffel Tower, on my first visit there. I was 18 and they were younger than me. They were Arabs though and I hadn't seen Arabs before.
>>
>>8079859
yeah I'm sure your lived experience of looking at clouds or being shot down like a pussy would make for a great 400 page novel
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.