[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good books about individualism, or at least ones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (5 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
image.png
5 KB, 450x300
What are some good books about individualism, or at least ones that highlight the irrationality of collectivists/authoritarians?
>>
File: The+Fountainhead.jpg (98 KB, 400x613) Image search: [Google]
The+Fountainhead.jpg
98 KB, 400x613
>>8079331
>>
>>8079331
What did you get sick of learning exclusively from youtube videos and reddit posts?
>>
>>8079331
>i want to reaffirm my identity as a /specialsnowflake/

go back to /reddit/ retard
>>
File: 1459279574665.jpg (235 KB, 900x990) Image search: [Google]
1459279574665.jpg
235 KB, 900x990
>>8079331
You don't need books, just watch Sargon of Akkad.
>>
>>8079379
Sargon is just sad. He seems like a doofus with no self awareness. Even after being endorsed by loads of literal fascists/neoreactionaries he stills insists in calling himself a classical liberal.
>>
>>8079409
Sargon of Akkad is literally an ubermensch. How do people not see this?
>>
>>8079409
sargon is a classical liberal (i.e. libertarian) though

he just likes the whole mra/redpill/mgtow thing which has some overlap with neoreactionaries
>>
File: OaWAQ.jpg (135 KB, 969x768) Image search: [Google]
OaWAQ.jpg
135 KB, 969x768
>>
>>8079479
>pedophilia is bad

fuck off statist
>>
>>8079409
He's done videos stabbing at the alt-right too, particularly roasting their identarian politics and describing them as "not significantly different" from those in the regressive left.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp0uq-QafYQ
Neoreactionaries endorse him because 1) cultural authoritarianism serves to hurt them in the present climate and help the regressive left, so it is their natural enemy of convenience even if they fail to reject it on principle or would even support an authoritarian culture spreading their values, and 2) many with neoreactionary beliefs are simply moderates reacting to SJWism and the way it treats all dissent and skepticism of its narratives as functionally indistinguishable from genuine bigotry (you treat me like a fascist; why shouldn't I be one?)

It's not a shortage of self awareness to communicate to these people and convince them to examine their views and embrace facts. It would show a serious lack of self awareness were he to disavow the alt-right, as you inexplicably seem to expect of him.

>>8079331
>""""""""""anarcho""""""""""-capitalism
>that fucking flag
>>
read any Hans-Hermann Hoppe book
>>
>>8080117
He's an authoritarian spooked by property-worship, monarchism and muh natural order. But I respect him because at least he admits his desire to be cucked by rich people, most 'libertarians' will deny it.
>>
>>8080267
The only difference between an ancap and a NRxer is that latter is honest about wanting feudalism.
>>
How about you come up with your own philosophies and thoughts about being a selfish asshole yourself. Stop piggy backing on the collective work of others.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.