[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>You can never despise a country once you enjoy its literature.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
>You can never despise a country once you enjoy its literature.

Do you think there is any truth to this statement?
>>
>>8078936
No. In fact it's the opposite when the only good literature is from a previous age. Countries that have gone through revolutions and 'cleansed' themselves of authors, are worth despising.
>>
>>8078936
I don't think so, it just lead you to despising it better
>>
>>8078936
All books by Russian authors I have read have been good, but I don't like Russia one bit. So for my part, the statement isn't true.
>>
>>8078936
I am anarcheSt despise all countries fuck dead cops
>>
>>8078948
> Countries that have gone through revolutions and 'cleansed' themselves of authors, are worth despising.

So basically like America
>>
>>8078948
That's a good one, I think I'll go with: What is France? Or wait, shit: What is Germany?
>>
Why the hell would you despise a country? The fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>8078936
What the fuck is up with this image?
>>
>>8078972
Aren't both of those countries, especially Germany, leading countries in contemporary lit?
>>
I hate ancient Greece but I like their literature. Disproved.
>>
>>8078936
What? That chart is clearly not a writer.
>>
>>8079138
I agree. I wonder if it even can write.
>>
I enjoy American literature, yet despise America. So, no.
>>
>>8078936
I still despise modern day Russia. Though I suppose that there is such a large difference between the state as we know it today and that state in which the canon was first penned. If only I could have been alive during the days of the great empires.
>>
>>8078978
I despise Armenia. Armenia = mendacious cockroach. Turkey great ally
>>
File: 1455102700955.jpg (84 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
1455102700955.jpg
84 KB, 500x370
>>8079190
>>
>>8079260
Do not slander Turkish Nation. Great alley. I am american patriot.
>>
>using adjectives
plebbiest of plebs
>>
>>8079266
TIDF pls go
>>
>>8078978

I don't "hate" or "despise" much of anything, but there are huge portions of the population, and entire countries that could simply cease to exist and nothing of value to me would be lost. I prefer to live and let live, because I benefit from stability and the rule of law, but I don't need people to cooperate with me for me to be happy, I simply need them to not interfere.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.