[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I CAN'T WRITE A SINGLE LINE. SAVE ME, /LIT/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: help me.jpg (60 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
help me.jpg
60 KB, 700x700
I'm only 8000 words from finishing my 100 thousand words novel. Yet I just can't type. I try to type something in the novel but then I turn on Google Chrome and go check the news or check my opened threads in 4chan.

Please help me, I have no focus anymore. I'm dying. It is been a week I couldn't write. I am unemployed and I need to get this done soon for publishing purposes.

Please, I want to get off the ride.

Please post your best tips!
>>
>>8078757

Just end your novel there. Or you could write the last paragraph, then go back from there. Or you could take a notepad and write in a park or somewhere. Or you could be less of a pussy.
>>
Take a break and don't think about it for a day or two. Come back fresh
>>
>>8078757
Well, I'm going to be blunt. Your post is riddled with grammatical errors so I hope your novel isn't. Another thing, If this is your first draft, oooooh boy. You need to really reread it and have it edited.
>>
>>8078757

I do a lot of cycling. It helps me think while doing it and after doing it. Sitting in front of the computer without writing anything will only make you feel guilty. You should take a break and do something else.
>>
>>8078805
I am writing amidst desperation.

I am aware of gramatical nuances and I have had edits.
>>
>>8078823
Good job! Just take a break, relax. Step back and breath. Take some time off and think.
>>
>>8078826
I've had one week already of this procrastination.
>>
1. just be yourself
2. take a deep breath
3. think of the thing you like most and smile about it
4. who is you favorite writer? flip through their book on your shelf.
5. now make some popcorn.
6. munch on this while you do the next step
7. browse pinterest and see if you can find an inspo picture or two
8. put on some of your favorite music and just relax
9. turn your brain off, forget about all those little deadlines and buzzing bees
10. then just start writing!
>>
>>8078836
Oh boy! That is never good, but you can make up for it. Focus on the work, have you tried writing it down on paper first then typing it out? Take a piece of paper and a pen or pencil and walk over to a quiet or disconnected area of your house, one where you can't easily access the internet or your phone and just go for it.
>>
File: feels2.jpg (115 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
feels2.jpg
115 KB, 645x773
>>8078837
4. It is... It is Tolstoi.

I will d-d-do this.

Thanks, Anon.
>>
>>8078864
i was kidding please don't do that

do you have an idea for the scene? outline it in detail and immediately start writing.

or get drunk or get tired. i always write most explosively when i'm tired.

or try dis: http://writeordie.com/
>>
File: 1457295848656.jpg (56 KB, 872x720) Image search: [Google]
1457295848656.jpg
56 KB, 872x720
>tfw gave up writing and moved onto creating music instead
>>
>>8078878
How long until you give that up too?
>>
File: feels3.png (53 KB, 656x773) Image search: [Google]
feels3.png
53 KB, 656x773
>>8078876
I will try.
>>
Download "Cold Turkey Writer". Set the word counter to 8000 (or whatever limit you want to set yourself) and get hammering.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.