[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>rereading harry potter books since for nostalgias sake and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: uwot.png (238 KB, 1074x1480) Image search: [Google]
uwot.png
238 KB, 1074x1480
>rereading harry potter books since for nostalgias sake and because the entire series takes about two days of casual reading
>harry suddenly turns into a vitriolic argumentative asshole for no good reason
what the fuck is harry's problem? calm the fuck down
>>
I believe it's called bad writing.
>>
File: TnQRX6v.webm (64 KB, 582x328) Image search: [Google]
TnQRX6v.webm
64 KB, 582x328
>>8078208
>rereading harry potter
>>
>>8078245

>i only have time for GOOD books

the pretentious cancer that killed /lit/
then again I use to be like you until I grew up
>>
>>8078279
When you grow up you find out you only have time for good books.
Fuck off, reddit.
>>
File: 73.jpg (108 KB, 594x396) Image search: [Google]
73.jpg
108 KB, 594x396
>>8078279
Whatever man, I'll go out and STRETCH OUT my legs.

Also:
>I grew up, so now I read Potter books.
lol, so much bait.
>>
>>8078298
>>8078293
it takes 2 days to read the entire series
its just a fun aside to go back to, why are you people taking this so seriously, its harry potter.
>>
It's called being a teenager, anon. The series is far from perfect but Harry suddenly turning into a whiny asshole in Order of the Phoenix isn't one of its problems IMHO.
>>
>>8078324
>harry potter
>fun
Please grow up.
>>
>>8078324
>It takes 2 minutes to eat this pile of shit. Lol why wouldnt I do it?

Is not about time. It could take me like half an hour reading that crap but I still wouldnt do it. I tried reading it once. Couldnt go further than two pages. There was so much fucking cringe. This is a book for little children or girls.
>>
>>8078370
>>8078358
you people take yourselves too seriously, its why nothing you ever put out will be good
>>
File: 1370746031219.jpg (98 KB, 713x713) Image search: [Google]
1370746031219.jpg
98 KB, 713x713
>>8078416
Yeah man I mean, when you grow up you start playing nintendo games and reading harry potter, when you REALLY mature you start wearing diapers and shitting yourself. Mature people know how to have FUN, readin Harry Potter, watching My Little Pony. Stop being such pretentious contrarian children, 'good' books are for children, read dem harrys m8
>>
>>8078416
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>8078324
You're on /lit you knew what to you were getting into.
>>
>>8078464
This. Even compared to other children's literature Harry Potter falls short. Harry Potter simply cant hold a candle to works like The Secret Garden, C.S. Lewis' s works, even A Series of Unfortunate Events from a literary perspective. The only thing HP has going for it is the fascinating immersing world and large anount of characters. It's not a masterpiece in children's literature though
>>
Holy fuck we can't even have one thread poking fun at Harry Potter without you bunch of jackanapes turning it into ANOTHER internet dick measuring contest.
'my taste is so refined I can't even look at bad books without disturbing my delicate gastrovalve.' Fuck off the lot of you.

>>8078354
I agree with this guy. I was late to the part with Phoenix and had heard that Harry had turned into a huge asshole and was surprised to find him simply going through a tiny bout of teenage angst. Justifiable angst too since it was stemming from his frustrations with all the adults STILL refuses to clue him in on what was happening or, in Dumbledores case, even talk to him. After he'd already saved the day like four times and even faced Voldermort face to face. Still he wasn't getting no respect from these old codgers.
Made sense to me. What doesn't make sense is 'all time turners destroyed cause all of them were kept on one shelf in one room and I guess we can't make any more wow doesn't that just wrap up that loose end'
>>
>>8078208

>harry suddenly turns into a vitriolic argumentative asshole for no good reason

it's called being a teenager.
>>
>>8078416
Nigga, please. I have read all the Dark Tower books and still read some sci-fi here and there. Especially on long trips. I even enjoy Palahniuk (which I somehow have the feeling /lit/ believes is a hack) so I am not a person that takes this too seriously.

Now if you excuse me, I have to order that copy of The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire on Everyman's Library.
>>
I used to love hp as a teenager but yeah, it's objectively shit. The world, the characters, the writing and the events are bad and stupid
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.