[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wait til they get these Hanes on you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: joyce.jpg (8 KB, 185x246) Image search: [Google]
joyce.jpg
8 KB, 185x246
I feel as though I have lost some part of my memory or mind through chemical trauma.

I have felt this for no more than a year. I have been reading with little focus a few classics here and there, but nothing seemed to stimulate my mind, until last night when I returned to a book I enjoyed when first I read it, The Recognitions.

I remembered then, the feeling of surmounting a challenging novel, picking apart dense sentences, letting the words rush over me, pushing through my mental ceiling, finally honing my blunted brains.

So I ask you, as a friend, what are some works of genius, in league with Ulysses or The Recognitions, that will challenge me and drive my mind into action, what will revive me?

Nothing ridiculous though, I'm no smartypants.
>>
One of the worst post I've ever seen here.
>>
>>8076177
why?
>>
>>8076177
okay, i guess if you want to be an unjustified asshole, that's your right. but I don't see how this post is unreasonable.
>>
>>8076171
I'm going to hope you are high and reply seriously to your post.
If you want some challenging books, check out The Tunnel, Double or Nothing, and Women and Men.
>>
>>8076206
I'm not high, my mind has just been ruined due to an addiction to xanax.
Thank you for the suggestions, I hear Women and Men has very odd syntax, does it take a while to get used to?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.