[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
looking for the islamic recommended reading. It was a green info chart
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: 1428681110853.png (3 MB, 2560x2600) Image search: [Google]
1428681110853.png
3 MB, 2560x2600
looking for the islamic recommended reading. It was a green info chart
>>
The Quran
>>
"How to put a gun against your head"
>>
File: Islam.jpg (2 MB, 2392x3968) Image search: [Google]
Islam.jpg
2 MB, 2392x3968
>>8075021
I got you bro.
>>
>>8075046
>No Guenon
>No Schuon
>>
>>8075046
Shouldn't the Quoran be on the top of this picture, kuffar?
>>
File: 1386533495198.png (337 KB, 564x553) Image search: [Google]
1386533495198.png
337 KB, 564x553
>>8077853
>>
Not sure if appropriate since I haven’t read it yet but Edward Said's Orientalism seems like a good introduction the region.

PS: for those who had, is it worth the time?
>>
>>8078136

>seems like a good introduction to the region
absolutely not. Said's book is a critique of the study of the history of Islam, not a history of Islam and not a study of the history of Islam. It's a very specific and academic book, difficult to read, and contains lots of untranslated german/french passages.

It's only worth reading if you're already familiar with folks like Bernard Lewis, Foucault, colonial studies up to the 70s, the history of scholarship of the orient etc. ("Islam in History" is a good little volume with essays on the subject)

"Lawrence In Arabia" by Scott Anderson is a really well written journalistic text on the breakup of the Ottoman Empire, told through the lens of TE Lawrence's story (which is outrageously fascinating).

For Israel-Palestine try Finkelstein's Image and Reality of the Israel Palestine Conflict or Benny Morris's Righteous Victims.
>>
>>8078360
Go to Columbia. The university sucks Said's dick. I think he's a meme anti-Semite who obsessed over his own minority status. He was literally the SJW of his time

>For Israel-Palestine try Finkelstein's Image and Reality of the Israel Palestine Conflict or Benny Morris's Righteous Victims.
He asked for information about Islam, not misinformation written BY muslims, senpai
>>
File: litguidetoislam.jpg (2 MB, 2392x3968) Image search: [Google]
litguidetoislam.jpg
2 MB, 2392x3968
>>8075046

this one is prettier
>>
Is there one for Hinduism or Buddhism? Or Zoroastrian...
>>
>>8078567
/r/ing any of these if they exist. The Islam one has some good recs.
>>
File: fedora109.jpg (26 KB, 367x500) Image search: [Google]
fedora109.jpg
26 KB, 367x500
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.