[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
worm.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (134 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134 KB, 1600x1000
is it worth my time as a superhero junkie/capefan or should I not bother with it?
>>
This must be your first time posting here. I'd recommend asking >>>/co/ instead. /lit/ usually doesn't read things like this.
>>
>>8074457
That looks like a comic book youd buy from some badly funded NYC comic meetup in a brewery by a chick with pink hair
>>
>>8074457
No, you should read Soon I Will Be Invincible instead
>>
>>8074576
That's actualy just a shitty fancover though. Worm doesn't really have a cover aside from some generic city lights as it's backdrop.
>>
If you're a superhero junkie, it's mandatory reading. The work is a first draft in dire need of serious editing, and the pacing is weak at the best of times and completely falls apart towards the end, but Worm still manages to be the most compelling superhero work I've ever read. The worldbuilding, powers, and characters rank among the best you'll find in the genre.

If Wildbow gets serious about finding an real editor, cuts about 30-40% of the story, and paces the first half better, he'll have a real hit on his hands if he ever gets it into print.

>>8074900

This one's great too, but it has nothing on Worm.
>>
Also, you will indeed do much better with a thread on /co/, as >>8074565 says.
>>
>>8075187
novels are not the same thing as comicbooks and certainly not the same thing as cartoons.
Worm is really, really good., except when it's not. At 30 arcs, each consisting of something like six chapters, it's also really bloody long, so I guess it's to be expected that some sections aren't that interesting. It's uneven throughout, and starts out on some strong notes, but worm really hits its strides in the fighting sections. worm fight scenes are absolutly top notch with incredibly funky powers to fuel them.

like >>8075181 said. worm should be mandatory reading for capefans.
>>
>>8075779
>novels are not the same thing as comicbooks and certainly not the same thing as cartoons.

And Dwarf Fortress isn't a traditional game, but that never stopped /tg/. Anyways, I digress.

I should probably try Twig at some point. Never did get into Pact, even though I usually love decent urban fantasy.
>>
>>8074457
It's good.
Not amazing but it's certainly above average and is a hell of an adventure story.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.