[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do you guys read book reviews/criticism ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: thecritic.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
thecritic.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
Where do you guys read book reviews/criticism ?
>>
>>8073324
Reading the criticism of others is for sheep.

That being said, the only literary critic I care about is Harold Bloom.
>>
here
>>
Journals, papers, reviews, companions etc. Lit. Crit. is not like IMDB, mate.
>>
>>8073612
No shit. I was asking *which* journals, periodicals, etc. you read.
>>
>>8073614
JSTOR and Google Scholar. If you want more bourguoise stuff just go to the culture section of any respectable newspaper.
>>
I try to go into books as blind as possible. I then proceed to make a thread about the book on /lit/ to see if my perceptions were matched.
>>
>>8073324

Sparknotes
Goodreads
/lit/
Crash Course
>>
>>8073329
Man I know this is bait but it's all the sadder cause there's a sizable number of people on lit who seriously believe this.
>>
>>8073324
The Complete Review for general reviews.

Monumneta Nipponica and Japanese Language and Literature for academic reviews, and Shinpai Deshou for notices of book releases.
>>
I tend to take account of what the amazon reviews say, coupled with their 'look inside' feature to get my own feel for the text before scurrying off to ebay and purchasing at the lowest price I can possibly find.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.