[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/lit/, what's the point in exploring our history and ourselves,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 2006-10-28-72086592hubble.jpg (2 MB, 3000x1502) Image search: [Google]
2006-10-28-72086592hubble.jpg
2 MB, 3000x1502
/lit/, what's the point in exploring our history and ourselves, when we are but a grain of sand in a beach with a billion trillion others?

Historical and philosophical texts have bettered my life, but math and science seem to make it all irrelevant. Our existence, and our perception of the world is a single line in a lineage of infinite possibilities. Even our senses, the very things that make us human, might not even be able to perceive other beings. Our brains were made to hunt and survive, not to comprehend other dimensions. Image being able to see inside a 3rd dimension solid, imagine being able to fathom a 4th dimension object.

Stop reading this right now, and look up. Above you is more distance than we can observe. In every direction from you exists more stars than you have cells in your body. How can we talk about political theories and psychology, when our universal understanding breaks down at the moment of our atomic conception. How can we sit and study ourselves when our universe has so much to discover?
>>
>/lit/, what's the point in exploring our history and ourselves, when we are but a grain of sand in a beach with a billion trillion others?

There isn't one unless you decide you want to. now please kys
>>
>>8072867
This extremely autistic meme needs to end.
>>
>>8072859
>How can we talk about political theories and psychology, when our universal understanding breaks down at the moment of our atomic conception. How can we sit and study ourselves when our universe has so much to discover?

Because it's a lot more easy to pretend you understand politics and psychology than physics. Next thread.
>>
Well, we don't actually have much access to the rest of the universe, and from what we've seen so far, we're the most interesting things in it. Nothing wrong with continuing to study ourselves in that light.
>>
>grain of sand
>nigga thinks we silicone based
>>
>>8072859
Because a star cant suck my dick, humans are far more interesting because humans can suck my dick
>>
>>8072894
technically a black hole can only suck your dick without touching it, so dead stars might be a step up from humans to be fair
>>
>>8072867
There's always a point in gaining new knowledge. Also, even if you're not gaining knowledge, time enjoyed is not time wasted.
>>
File: 1462212726105.jpg (15 KB, 480x372) Image search: [Google]
1462212726105.jpg
15 KB, 480x372
>>8072859
you are a mong.
>>
>>8073179
Why
>>
>>8073179
How to you translate "garbage" (noun) to "dumb" (adjective)
>>
File: cat_.png (34 KB, 500x628) Image search: [Google]
cat_.png
34 KB, 500x628
>>
>>8072881
>we're the most interesting thing in it

Maybe that's why pictures of nebulae are usually artificially recolored so our pleb minds can find them pretty.
>>
>>8074111

perhaps they meant 'dump'?
>>
>>8073135
>So-called historical folk tales
>knowledge
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.