[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is reading this book worth it? Has it enriched your literary
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: how-to-read-a-book-cover.jpg (98 KB, 516x799) Image search: [Google]
how-to-read-a-book-cover.jpg
98 KB, 516x799
Is reading this book worth it? Has it enriched your literary experience?
>>
File: me standup.jpg (33 KB, 383x348) Image search: [Google]
me standup.jpg
33 KB, 383x348
how can you get anything from it if you dont know how to read a book before reading it?
>>
>How to Read a Book
Pretty sure you should have learned that crap in kindergarten
>>
>>8072824
It helps you a lot if you begin to read serious non-fiction work. I suggest you read it regardless, it has the kind of basic knowledge that no one would get unless being taught about.
>>
File: How To Read A Book (Adler).png (470 KB, 994x768) Image search: [Google]
How To Read A Book (Adler).png
470 KB, 994x768
Not worth the 400 pages. Here, have a summary.
>>
>>8072884
It's a worthy read none the less
>>
>>8072832
This, is there a "How to read "How to read a book " " available?
>>
>>8072824
Bloom's "How to Read and Why" is a better waste of time
>>
>>8072906
yes, but it's gobbledygook unless you read "How to Read 'How to Read "How to Read a Book" ' " first.
>>
File: HELLO PLEBBITTT.jpg (34 KB, 992x744) Image search: [Google]
HELLO PLEBBITTT.jpg
34 KB, 992x744
>>8072832
>>8072851
>>8072870
>>8072884
>>8072899
>>8072906
>>8072912
>>8072916
HULLO REDDIT!
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>8072957
>>>/autismo/
>>
>>8072976
Not that guy, but actually the title of the book is a good reddit test. It's obvious that it is already a joke; one must have zero understanding of others if he truly believes that its author missed the irony. So this man posts, and others spin and expand the joke, making it progressively more cringy.
>>
>>8073009
>he hasnt reached a state of hyperirony yet
>>
Iron didn't even come from our sun.
>>
My cat keeps shitting on the floor
>>
>>8073009
Are you really this retarded
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.