[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what were your favorite parts. mine was when mason and his
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 2016-03-29-23-02-05-820066325.jpg (7 KB, 238x179) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-29-23-02-05-820066325.jpg
7 KB, 238x179
what were your favorite parts.

mine was when mason and his son went to visit dixon close to the end of the book.
>>
File: gwash.jpg (82 KB, 960x402) Image search: [Google]
gwash.jpg
82 KB, 960x402
>>
>>8072375
none
>>
>>8072508
dat sucks mate
>>
I liked the part when the reverend incorporates the novel in the other room right after the young people read it. And the story of the duck, and how it continues through the novel. The real life connection there is funny too.
>>
File: 1447613467074.png (417 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1447613467074.png
417 KB, 5000x5000
We'll fish there. And you too.
>>
this book was so goddamn good. pinecone surprised me.
>>
>>8072375
My favorite part was when Gravity's Rainbow was still the better book despite all the memeing to the contrary.
>>
I liked the clock conversation. And the discussion I think before the giant vegetables where M&D seem to be saying "Well, we've seen a lot of impossible shit together, should we go look at one more thing that isn't real? Nobody will believe us anyway."
>>
>>8073150
Pretty much everyone agrees that GR is better, you ass.
But this is a close second.
>>
>>8073160
lol the giant weed plants
>>
>>8073150
mason and Dixon is far better. gravity's rainbow had a terrible ending.
>>
>>8073162
Not on this board they don't. Have you seen all the "Better than GR" shitposts?

>>8073256
On the contrary, Gravity's Rainbow had one of the greatest endings in literature. M&D's, while well-executed was a very standard sort of tear-jerker thing.
>>
>>8073307
it jerked tears from my dick
>>
>>8072953
The mechanical duck was definitely the funniest thing on the book.
>>
>>8072953
You're playing with my paranoid gland.
>>
>>8072375
It's been a while since I read but I remember a fantastic part where Mason describes reclining in his observatory and watching through his telescope as Haley's Comet swings around the sun and into view. He likens the comet and its trail to Rebekah and her hair streaming in an inconceivable wind. Actually come to think of it any part where Mason is remembering, or interacting with, Rebekah was beautifully written. I wish Pinecone had given GR's characters that kind of treatment. It's like between GR and M&D he figured out how to use his crazy/highflying prose to describe friendship/love in a way he couldn't in GR.
>>
>>8073367
this is why I prefer mason and dixon. rainbow is still amazing though too
>>
>>8073162
No one with taste does, you dunce.
Leave it to 4chin to prefer the less mature work, tho
>>
>>8073150
Mason and Dixon is better by far
>>
>>8072375
ah yes son & xon, quite the tale of gender dysphoria
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.