[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>At Barnes and Noble >The sci-fi section is next to the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
>At Barnes and Noble
>The sci-fi section is next to the Romance section
>Decide to look into the Romance books
>Literally every book's cover is either a shirtless dude, a woman in a fancy dress, or a dude and woman kissing, and everyone without exception or variation is white
I didn't realize the cover game was so homogeneous.
>>
>falling for the love meme
>>
Women lack imagination and artistic discernment and, in the free market, their book covers will reflect that
>>
>>8070864
mate i get bombarded by shitty romance novel ads on my kindle. all generic as fuck but the descriptions are worth a chuckle
>>
File: 9781622860791[1].jpg (20 KB, 297x450) Image search: [Google]
9781622860791[1].jpg
20 KB, 297x450
>>8070864
There's romance novels for black women but they're in the "African-American" section.
>>
>>8070864
HEIGHT
FACE
FRAME
>>
File: Barack the Barbarian.jpg (126 KB, 468x697) Image search: [Google]
Barack the Barbarian.jpg
126 KB, 468x697
>>8070864
They have an "urban" section someplace. At least they did in my area.

Romance novels are a holdover from the pulp heydays of yesterday. Mens and boys pulp have morphed and gotten more attention and money because there's more cash in it. This cheap form of wiminz entertainment remains cuz its cheap. Why it's in still in demand is as worrying as why action flicks are
>>
>>8070864
Minorities Kant reed
>>
It's bizarre how attractive but Whitebread all the men.
>>
>>8071419
What the fuck does that mean? Is it me? Can't I read a sentence correctly anymore? Or are you just an illiterate bastard.

Or am I being memed?
>>
>>8071439
S/he forgot the "are" at the end, I think.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.