[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why should I start with Hamlet and not some other play by Willy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1462409458276.jpg (3 MB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1462409458276.jpg
3 MB, 3000x2000
Why should I start with Hamlet and not some other play by Willy Shakes?
>>
It actually doesn't matter. You can just read all of them in chronological order if you want, in fact.
>>
That picture is shit for recommending Merry Wives
>>
Actually the picture is just shit all around. Please delete it from your memory forever
>>
I probably wouldn't start with Hamlet. Start with any of the plays that take place in Italy.
>>
File: Greek Literature guide.jpg (1 MB, 3672x3024) Image search: [Google]
Greek Literature guide.jpg
1 MB, 3672x3024
>>8070833

Here's where you should really start.
>>
>>8071426
ebin
>>
It doesn't ducking matter in the slightest.
>>
>>8071433
>phoneposter

kill thine self
>>
Start with Romeo and Juliet or Macbeth, they're easy.
>>
Hamlet is often considered one of his best works

You could do whatever you want and just because some people think it is his best doesn't mean you have to think so too
>>
>Antony and Cleopatra before Julius Caesar
What retard made this?
>>
>>8070833
If you want to really appreciate Hamlet, you should read Infinite Jest first.
>>
>>8072397
shitttt I thought it was the other way around I guess reading hamlet then Infinite Jest is a waste of time
>>
>reading plays

what a waste of goddamn time. do you pompous idiots enjoy reading movie screenplays too? jesus christ, this board.
>>
>>8070833
I'm trying to watch the 1948 lawrence oliver movie adaptation. I liked the branagh one, seen it a few times. Maybe go with mel gibson's one too.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.