[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm an edgy depressed teenager that listens to sad boy music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 469x1019) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 469x1019
I'm an edgy depressed teenager that listens to sad boy music all day and drinks coffee and watches foreign films and cries in the dark all day.

What are some books that I should read? I've mainly read high school reading list stuff. I liked Frankenstein, Heart of Darkness, and The Good Earth.
>>
Just listen to Crywank and tell everyone you read Proust for 5 more years.

Also fuck off
>>
>>8070593
I've never listened to Crywank nor have I read Proust.

Thanks anon.

Also I really like Kafka.
>>
T
I
C
K
Y
>>
K Y S
Y S K
S K Y
>>
>>8070631
>>8070626

There's a suicidal teenager section?

I'm sorry I underestimated your sticky
>>
File: 1343687683775.png (969 KB, 648x1016) Image search: [Google]
1343687683775.png
969 KB, 648x1016
>>
>>8070535

Get a job, exercise, hold hands with girls, and plan for a sustainable long term career instead. That other shit is for simps.
>>
File: 1365475090228.jpg (418 KB, 747x1417) Image search: [Google]
1365475090228.jpg
418 KB, 747x1417
>>8070667
Don't read any of this shit yet, OP, you won't understand it. This stuff is more your level.
>>
>>8070631
I don't get this meme/acronym. Yourself is one word.
>>
1.Journey to the end of the night
2.Nausea
3.Stoner

Are some easy to read starters with a cynical to melancholy feel.

T. Someone who is in the same situation
>>
>>8070678
Got it covered Chief.

>>8070805
Thanks. This is the sort of reply I was looking for.
>>
>>8070535
M. Ageyev, "Novel with cocaine".

The ultimate teenage novel IMO, it looks like J. D. Salinger being raped by an edgy Russian Jew.
>>
>>8070859
This sounds awesome.

Thank you.

The book store I went to didn't have The Book of Disquiet, Naseua, or Journey to the End of the Night

Wtf
>>
You should get a job.
>>
How old are you?
>>
Bernhard, Celine, Beckett
>>
Nothing impresses plebs like Sartre.
>>
>>8071271
I have a job.

>>8071312

>>8071325
Thank you. I've never even heard of the first gentleman
>>
>>8071508
Not trying to impress anyone though.

Just being honest about where I'm at and want to start reading for pleasure more often.

And right now I want to read some boohoo life is pain shit. But with SOME substance at least
>>
>>8070535

You should exercise, you sound dangerously low-test.
>>
>>8071510
>18
Bull
Shit

If so, its time to grow out of your edgy phase.
>>
>>8070692

It's about the destruction of the ego (self).

For OP to find peace he needs to kill his self.

KYS OP.
>>
>>8071510
>18
>edgy phase
It's time you grow up OP, time's running out. Or you're a lying 15 year old that just wants to post on 4chan
>>
READ THE STICKY NIGGER
>>
>>8071760
Eh. I have no illusions about where I'm at.

Dad died last year, relationship ended weeks ago. And now I'm in a city where I know very few people and have little to rely on. I know it's not the end of the world and whatnot but I'm gonna sulk a bit.
>>
>>8070678
this

also check out Mishima. He does the edgy/angsty teen very well (and often to an extreme) but also holds an ideology that is, in my opinion, a good one for young males to be privy to.

I would particularly recommend The Sailor Who Fell from Grace with the Sea
>>
>>8070535
M O D S
>>
>>8070535
End it now bb
>>
>>8070535
Do you love Orange soda? If yes, then read Goethe's Sorroes of Young Nigger and Voltaire's Candy :)

If No then you're a nigger.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.