[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever learnt a foreign language to fluency, for the sole/main
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Tolstoy_and_chekhov.jpg (30 KB, 300x368) Image search: [Google]
Tolstoy_and_chekhov.jpg
30 KB, 300x368
Have you ever learnt a foreign language to fluency, for the sole/main purpose of reading literature in that language? If so, which language did you learn? Have you found other uses for it?
>>
Yes. Icelandic.No.
>>
Yes. Somalian. No.
>>
Yes, cuneiform, yes.
>>
No. Yes. No.
>>
>>8070324
I mean, Icelandic sounds like quite a difficult language to learn. I'm sure it's a good party trick.
>>
>>8070321
>yes
>kurmanji
>yes, I got to use it while popping some punkass hajjis in rojava
>>
>>8070428
DEUS
>>
>>8070396
why would you bump this bitch-ass piece of shit thread aint nobody never gon read no mo
>>
>>8070448
bump
>>
>>8070443
VULT
>>
Well I live in germany but I am studying in english so I don't have that urgency to really speak the language. However, one of the main purposes of coming to germany was to learn German good enough to be able to read the literature. So far I have had it easy with Hesse and Kafka, and now I am trying to move up to Gustav Schwab, Zweig and Mann. I can barely stay with the story in die Bekenntnisse des Hochstaplers Felix Krull and some basic greek stories translated into german, but I am getting better. It helps immensely to be able to understand difficult literature texts when moving into technical or the more difficult newspaper articles.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.