[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you write believable characters and situations even if you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1442609586359.jpg (342 KB, 1331x696) Image search: [Google]
1442609586359.jpg
342 KB, 1331x696
Can you write believable characters and situations even if you are a shut-in with zero social experience?
>>
>>8069846
No

See: fanfic
>>
>>8069846
No, see GRRM
>>
This honestly makes me sad.
>>
>>8069846
Unless you were raised by fucking wolves you've have not had zero social experience, and even then you'd have a lot.
I don't think it helps but its not a detriment and may even help over people who take no time to themselves to reflect.
>>
It's a cheap aphorism, but they say to "write what you know." maybe your antisocial shut-in could be a character.
>>
File: 1457725061369.jpg (1019 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1457725061369.jpg
1019 KB, 960x1280
>>8069846
How can you even understand language if you have zero social experience? Maybe you wanted to say having a little social experience like some sort of hikkikomori. That doesn't and can't stop from getting knowledge on how to make characters believable. An eager person will find another way of learning it nowadays
>>
>>8069846
Of course you can. They'll be realistically cringey, but realistic nonetheless. So-h.
>>
>>8069846
not like who ever did that picture
>>
>>8069846
Just write philosophical fiction tbqh
>>
No, that's why autistic retards write shit like fantasy and sci-fi
>>
>>8069846
Some "shut-in" people develop very complicated imaginaryworlds and if daydreaming takes 80%+ of the day, its quite possible, that things have build very believable.
Thing is, most guys like that go crasy, and cant therefore write shit.
>>
>>8070814
Like Poe and Lovecraft.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.