[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>need to write an essay with a friend >I wrote a first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1426341474716.png (153 KB, 793x645) Image search: [Google]
1426341474716.png
153 KB, 793x645
>need to write an essay with a friend
>I wrote a first draft, I admit that I had a poor reading of the source (some chapters of Anti-Duhring)
>sent to friend
>he's 10 year older and has a masters degree (I'm 22)
>he simply improves the text in every way
>he adds things that I knew but, for some inane reason, didn't put in my own text
>also, the text flows so much better

I feel so fucking embarrassed. I don't know why I didn't put half the things he put in there even though I knew them. When he sent the text back to me it made so much more sense. He also had a couple of hours to read and make corrections, while I spent much more time.

How do I become a better reader and a better writer, friends? I'm tired of being humiliated in the academy. I don't know if it's because I'm just being lazy and not reading the texts properly, or maybe because I'm not writing all the author's points down. All I know is that when I read what I write after some time I just feel disgusted. All the paragraphs are so simple and bleak, they barely give any good information.

Sorry for any mistakes, english is not my first language.
>>
kys
>>
>>8068029
thanks
>>
>>8068021
I feel inadequate in academia too.
I guess just write down your ideas and work longer on the text, read slow, and read more than once.
>>
>>8068021
He has 10 years on you. Only way to get to his level is to read more and write more.
>>
>>8068021
>not being a natural talent

wew lad I'd tell you to kill yourself but then you'll just write a shitty suicide note that you won't get right either lmao
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.