[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/lit/ what are some books that help make me a chiller/less awkward
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: theAbyss.jpg (1 MB, 2248x1499) Image search: [Google]
theAbyss.jpg
1 MB, 2248x1499
/lit/ what are some books that help make me a chiller/less awkward person that is better at hiding his intellect? something that talks about nuancing your emotions and your expressions? right now i have the persona of a well read person but most of the time people dont seem to understand what i'm saying

>see semi-cute girl sitting on a bench waiting for the subway
>straighten my back, insert satin-embroidered bookmark between the pages, stuff Infinite Jest back into the inner pocket of my personally-tailored trenchcoat (I also carry a hollowed-out Stephen King novel to hide my Bible in for when I'm at a party or other social ocassion)
>take off glasses
>approach
>"Ah yes, a wonderful bench to wait for said subway train! I suppose it's true what they say - 'The subway will set you free, but not until it is finished with you!'" I laugh, then wink at her
>she removes her headphones
>I continue, "Where goest thee? To the library, it is my presumption? Then speak unto the driver, and say, 'Ye great driver! Forward to the library, and step on it!'"
>"Sorry, what?"
>"'Tis but a recommendation, haha! What listened thou today?" i try to shift the conversation away from literature
>she looks confused, widens her eyes, smiles vaguely
>subway pulls in
>she stands up and scuffles off toward it
>"Onward! Climb mountains, and breathe the mountain air! Live not in swamps! And remember: 'Thou shalt' not, but 'wilt' thou shall! Hear, hear!" i shout at her, but i had already decided it wouldn't work out between us anyways
>"Stare not into the abyss!" i attempt once more, but the doors slide shut and she disappears in the subway crowd
>get bored of our conversation
>leave

i've really started to think that dumbing yourself down to talk to people is the way to go. it's not just girls either, by the way, as i hardly know any men of my age who understand me. is this an age related issue perhaps? will more mature people be able to appreciate my knowledge?
>>
this isn't funny or clever or ironically cute as a badly written bait or anything

please stop posting such trash and keep the discussion to literature
>>
tl;dr
>>
>>8067849
Yes, please stop this shit. If you're going to bait, it better be at least enough to make me breathe loudly out of my nose.
>>
to be clear, this is try hard cringe trash not because the behavior of the person is try hard, but because the post itself is and fails as an attempt at greentext
>>
Delete this
>>
>>8067838
whats sad is that if you were actually doing this irl you'd probably have a pretty good success rate at tapping that pussy

unless yous a ugly folk
never any justice for ugly folks in this world
>>
File: 1452899050825.jpg (253 KB, 1080x1283) Image search: [Google]
1452899050825.jpg
253 KB, 1080x1283
>hollowed out Stephen King with bible for social occasions
>>
File: 2016-04-02 (1).png (626 KB, 1004x756) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-02 (1).png
626 KB, 1004x756
>>8067838
don't listen to em, OP. certified keks on my end
>>
Learn french
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.