[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Lit/orexia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 1459408212631.jpg (197 KB, 525x644) Image search: [Google]
1459408212631.jpg
197 KB, 525x644
Does anyone have some good books about food and not eating it?
>>
File: 1456921481315.png (1 MB, 980x675) Image search: [Google]
1456921481315.png
1 MB, 980x675
>>8065359
To Start.

Kafka obviously.
Hunger by Knut Hamsun.
Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky

I've heard the Life and Times of Michael K by Coetzee is good for his but I've never read it.
>>
>>8065359
Come on, there must be some good thinspo literature.

Something where food or eating are described as disgusting or the main character avoids food altogether.

Thomas Mann is pretty good. The way he always mentions the obesity of the aristocracy(Consumption Class), tooth decay as a sign of decadence and the sublimity of illness.
>>
>>8065434

>wants "thinspo" literature where "food or eating are described as disgusting" and is calling others decadent

just fuck off already
>>
>>8065359
the hunger games and thinner
>>
Cancer Ward
>>
Tropic of Cancer by Henry Miller
>>
>>8065359
Franz Kafka "The Hunger Artist"
>>
File: Kleeman-w-book-cover.jpg (121 KB, 1067x800) Image search: [Google]
Kleeman-w-book-cover.jpg
121 KB, 1067x800
>>
>>8065361

Was going to post this exact same list.
>>
File: woyzeck.jpg (23 KB, 265x408) Image search: [Google]
woyzeck.jpg
23 KB, 265x408
The upper class experiments on the guy and has him subsist solely on peas
>>
Zola
>>
The Jungle- Upton Sinclair (Meat)
Wasted- Marya Hornbacher
Animal Liberation- Peter Singer
Food Rule: An Eater's Manual (Anything aggressively Nutrionist/Vegan works)
The Room- Hubert Selby Jr.
Typee- Herman Melville
Salo- De Sade
Survival Type- Stephen King

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Books_about_famine
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Holocaust_literature
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Cannibalism_in_fiction

I'd honestly consider a different hobby if I were you.
>>
>>8065515
This. My anorexic sister had this, she was a pretty good anorexic.
>>
Schopenhauer
Simone Weil
Kafka
Godel

They were at least all some kind of Anorexic.
>>
>>8067011

>Schopenhauer
>Anorexic

What the fuck?
>>
>>8067020
The only manner of suicide he finds acceptable is the ascetic saint's death by suicide, which he said was the highest for of ascetic will.

Since he also said the only argument against suicide is it prevents you from attaining the highest moral status.

Ergo,

>Schopenhauer
>Not some kind of Anorexic
>>
>>8066515
The Jungle is fucking brutal to read.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.